• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DOM tubing

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Does anybody know where I can buy DOM tubing to build a roll cage . On the right coast (east ) ? What does it normally cost per foot ?

ransil

Bronco Guru
what part of W Va. are you located. There is a place I use South of Pittsburgh Near I-70 & I-79.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cost will vary depending on diameter and wall thickness. Whatever you do, don't pay full retail. Since you'll be buying several 20' sticks, lean on the steel wholesalers to give you their best price. If you don't like what you're hearing from them, you might also check with local fab and/or machine shops, since they probably already get better pricing than you ever will along with free delivery. Most probably won't stock DOM unless they do car stuff or hydraulics, but you never know...and just because they don't stock it doesn't mean they can't get it usually.

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Sorry , I havn't had time to responsed . I'm 30 miles west of Pittsburgh Pa . Where at on I-70 and I-79 I'm out that way all the time . I just was up to Dawson Pathe other day .

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
in colorado the average price for 1 3/4 dom is around 5.75 a foot in 20 to 24 foot lenghts , i did find a place that sells it for 3.45 a foot . nice thing about dom is it's ridge as hell put 3 24 footers on top of my excursion and there was no sagging .