• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Don't wanna end up as a Stinkbug

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I am looking to put 4.5" coils (w/winch) in the front with 4.5" 11 leaf springs in the rear.

Will I roll even? Should I go with a smaller lift rear leaf setup?

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I have the opposite problem...only went with 3.5" but even with the winch up front I'm nose high.

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I am okay with a bit of prerunner lean, but don't wanna be stinkbug!

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
You can remove one of the shorter springs in the leaf pack if it is too tall. And you will probably need a spring shim due to a low pinion angle.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will I roll even? Should I go with a smaller lift rear leaf setup?

Have to fall back on the old standard: "Your results may vary."
Hard to tell until you install it, unfortunately. Every Bronco is different.

Paul

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
You speak the truth Paul- I guess I will find out next week when my stuff lands!

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Mine has 4.5 WH Front and rear. Heavy front bumper with winch. It is every so slightly rear high, but I also dont have a top. I dont think I would try 3.5" rear.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I had to remove 2 leafs from my 3 1/2" CAGE 8-pack to get it level with my WH 3 1/2" coils up front. Now it sits just right! ;D

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
I like my 3.5 coils and 3" body lift, 11 pak leafs, which allows me to run 39.5 tires.

AZ69EB

Your rear leafs will settle after time and a few hard wheeling trips. The nice thing about leafs springs is you can pull leafs out to keep it level. After a year or two you can add back the leafs you took out to keep it level after they have settled in. This allows you to keep up with our every chaning bronco's, hard top to soft top.

I would go with 5.5" leaves put it together run it for a few months, then pull what you need. Rear springs cost about the same, 3.5" or 5.5".

my $0.02.

Good luck.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I ran the 3.5 winch coils with 4.5 inch leafs. Once the leafs settled in I sat flat. It measured out to a 4 inch height increase at both ends.
Tom