• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door frame measurements

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
can anyone give me the inside measurement from the top of the door hinge pillar to the top of the striker post. I put the body on the rack for welding and the body has flexed. I need to make some door frame braces. Its a 76'.

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
I saved this from a thead a while back, hope it helps...

Attachments

• measurements for bronco.jpg
    measurements for bronco.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 60

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
delta bronco, i'm not sure but i think their all the same. i just did the striker and quarter on the wife's bronco and the numbers were about or close to the "74'" that was on the sheet.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's my old sheet from a few years ago:) Glad to see its still around. Hope it helps.

Good Luck,

Blue71

strokerpower

Guys I need help, I purchased a 72 Bronco as a project. Order new doors latches and strikers and they didn't match up. Come to find out I somebody swapped older style doors onto the bronco. Called Wild Horses and found out I need different latch and striker. I've got them coming but now I'm concerned about the placement of the striker. It's starting to sound like the striker placement would be in the wrong spot for my earlier doors. Thought I bought a real nice Bronco, but after the last few weeks it's been one thing after another. Please help. New parts will be here tommorow.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stroker, when you get the new parts in take a look to see what you have, what it looks like you need to do and go from there. Then if you need help start a new thread with the Q, pics if possible, and we will be glad to try and help. From what you have stated there is no way to really tell what you need, not trying to be a smartass, just trying to get the right info.

jpopsbronco

Loc.
Irvine, CA
stroker, when i bought mine i had about 2 months of little things that need to be fixed and some big things(bent 9in housing). just keep after it and eventually youll end up with a nice ride. -or broke.. Joe