• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door inserts disaster.......And now wedding pictures...

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
I want to know if I am not alone in my frustration about installing the door inserts. I had to trim a heck of a lot of fiberglass to make them fit and even now, I think it's still not right. Especially the passenger side. Am I the only one or is it just that I lack talent???:?

Also, who here cut that darn extension on the insert that intrudes in the passenger area?? That thing sucks and when I finish the job, it's gone:mad:

Anyway, I had to finish up today as this baby is going to a wedding...

Driver's side

Attachments

• im002309.jpg
    im002309.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

FIGO

Loc.
St. louis Mo.
I am having the same problem, Mine will not drop down to meet the rocker panel and sits above the top of the fender at the windshield. I got so frustrated I walked away from it and went on to something else. Now I need to get them to fit to finish up.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Sometimes there is some "spring" in the glass that makes them stick up, but this can be pulled into place with the top two screws.

If the body line of the insert looks high compared to the upper to lower quarter body seam or fender, the problem is likely at the bottom edge of the insert where it has beeen trimmed incorrectly. Y ou may need to trim a bit more off to allow the entire insert to sit lower.

The number one rule when installing these is to fit them up *prior* to painting. I see that it's too late for MontrealBronco :( , but anyone planning to install these keep it in mind. This way if you need to do some extra cutting and grinding, you will still end up with a finished look on all the edges. :cool:

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D That is a nice looking toy BUT were is your rollbar. I run stock ford cutouts and they fell right into place no problems I have never done after markit ones only stock ones. Mite need a new suppler this is were you lessen and learn good luck.:cool: :cool: :cool: Bill :cool: %) :p

OP
OP
M

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
wildbill said:
;D ;D ;D That is a nice looking toy BUT were is your rollbar.

I didn't put the roll bar on for my brother's wedding, the Bronco was to be the limo out of the church. A promess I made when I bought it and I was still turning screws Saturday morning. Having a deadline is a lot of pressure. We worked our butts off, me and my brother-in-law, to get it ready for the 12th. All that was missing was a big guy with a mustache yelling at us when we were too slow or screwed up ;D

Here's a pic of the bride and groom. I know it's been done before but not up here. I can tell you it was a hit. People were like :eek: I was proud of my little blue baby, she performed like a champ...:cool:

Jeff

Attachments

• chevdisc.jpg
    chevdisc.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 279

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Wedding always make me cry. Especially ones that include a bronco. (sniff) :'(