• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door inserts... Do you like them??...or not??

Do you like them??

• Yes, I like them...

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • I want a pair...

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • No, I don't like them...

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I had a pair, but I took them off...

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
I kind of got mixed feelings about the door inserts now that I have been driving around with them for the last three days. I guess you have to get used to them. Just want to see what the pulse of the pack is...

Jeff

Dennis

Loc.
Northern California
I will admit, I like the way the look on other peoples Broncos. I voted for them for that reason. I don't have them on mine. I sat in one that had them and didn't like the feel of geting in and out. I just didn't seem right. I have a pair sitting in my rafters.

brianca

I'm driving without doors for now while I work on it, but once I get to a point where I'm ready for paint I'll put a set on.

Skidmark

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Definately a fan of inserts. A majority of the people I talk to who don't like broncos say they don't like them because the are "too square". I personally think broncos in any form look great, but the inserts add a little curve that really set of the lines and the ridges on the fenders. Never been in a truck with them though. I'll have them on my truck in week and I'll know more on the feel then.

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I voted yes. They look very cool both with no top and a soft top w/soft doors. I have friends that say once I take the doors off I'll never want them back on. If mine was a trail rig it would be a no brainer but mine does alot of road time. I've never ridden in an EB with no doors but it seems like it would be really windy on the Freeway. I don't mind wind on my Harley. I run no windshield and a beanie helmet year round. Just add more leather when it's cold. How much more wind than a door with the window down?

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
My vote is no that I do not like them. I like the way they look on the Bronco but I put a set on for someone and they just seem cheap. Of course that may have been the brand he had bought but the fibergalss seemed very brittle and the sheetmetal for the inside was very flimsy. I do not have them on my Bronco so I cannot speak from experience as to how well they hold up.

Rick

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I like em. I'll most likely get a set here in the future when all the other stuff i need to do is done.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
I like the way they look. The only Bronco I've been in with them is my buddies 72. But he's a wimp and still had the ST and doors on.

Looking for a set of inserts for my Bronco. Not planning on using the HT/Doors anymore. They are up for sale since I hardly need them in New Mexico. ;D ;D ;D

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
For those of you that have had them and took them off or have them in your rafters...

Sell them to someone who'll put them to good use... :p ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

maverickconner

They just never seemed to fit correctly, made my Bronco look kinda cheap... I am working on cutting a set of doors down now. Had a spare set that are kinda beat up.

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I have two Broncos, one with and one without and I love the looks of the with inserts. But there is more stuff (like tops) for the without style. Soft insert doors are expensive and hard to find. I got 'em finally. I'd like to see Chuck's style of inserts come on the market. They're almost a half door. Kind of like a cross between a door and an insert. Soooo cool, but not available. :'(

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Definitely like them. I've never owned a bronco with doors. The one I have now had doors for a week. Now they're in the garage....I don't have Chuck's YET......When I finally get a decent body put on I'm definitely going with his.

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
They seem to have a more finished look, but I have never thought of adding them to mine. I kind of like the big wide open space from where the door was.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I voted for I want a set. I've never been in a Bronco with them, but I have driven my Bronco without any doors briefly. I really do like the way they look, but I have a feeling that they would come off in the winter time in favor of the doors.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Ive had them for over 20 years and the set I have are the junk that was made back then. I use to take them off and on during the seasonal changes but in the last 4 years have left the inserts on. I wish I had a set of the newer ones that are molded one piece inner and outer but life doesnt give me much excess cash to spend replacing old with new. If the stock doors didnt look dorkey with the top off and the window frames on I wouldnt change. but the door looks dorkey and the conversion to remove the frames and related hardware compromises an already shakey system so i go with the cheap looking old style glass ones. Out here in LA when the weather gets around a hundred the radiant heat off the floor boards will take 5 years of your life so running without doors is a real life saver. I too have a set of crappy old doors the barely survived a roll over that someday will be cut into a more visually friendly door less opening that you can stand on and not hear the fiberglass crack into submission.

wilson

I took my doors off years ago and installed inserts. This summer I took the big step and scraped the old soft doors and installed A set of Galen's 2piece soft doors. Great combo.