• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door Posts Dennis Carpenter

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
So some of the vendors sell replacement door posts as one piece, however Dennis Carpenter sells them as a "clamshell" or two piece. If anyone has experience with these and has installed them successfully please help me out here before I weld...

1. after putting both sides together for mocking up to make certain door fits properly and fender fits properly and body lines look good did you weld up door side to kick like factory welding boxed channels to kick that hold hinge plates then add fender side welding it to kick panel and finally weld the two together or

2. weld the two together or panel bond the two clamshell sides together creating one piece and weld the two vertical sides to the kick panel and inner rocker and top at cowl?

I'm thinking of doing it the first way then panel bonding the two together and welding the fender side to the kick panel as the last step.

Please share what members have had the most success with and or what has not worked out so well...

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Make sure to call them to affirm that they actually come in 2 pieces. When I called Bronco Graveyard about buying them they said they were one piece and these were just pictures of the 2 pieces showing the inside assembly.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Anyone else? I'm pretty sure they were designed to be sold as two pieces. How else would you weld the boxed in hinge plate to the kick panel?