• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door posts

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Does anyone know of a site that will give me help in repairing the door jams on my 1974 Bronco Ranger? They have completely rotted through and I need help. According to my wife I need help for buying this Bronco

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
As the wise Yoda would say......Patience you will need.....yeeesssss. Just a couple of bits of experience. #1 Take before measurements from points that won't move when you start cutting stuff apart. #2 Drill all spot welds, and use a chisel to seperate those that you cant drill. Don't sawzall, it really doesn't save that much time, and makes comparisons impossible. #3 Tack that booger on and check, measure, check, and did I say check for fit again. ONLY when you feel you have obtained as close to Broncfection as is possible should you stitch that baby on. Remember, no aftermarket piece is perfect, so you will have to play with it to get the fit the way you want it. Good luck and post pics, it makes us feel better about our projects.