• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door weatherstriping OEM or aftmarkt

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
I need to replace the lower door weather stripping. Is the OEM type made by Dennis Carpenter worth the extra money or will the aftermarket the JBG has work OK.
I just don't want to spend the extra $$$ if the JBG aftermarket will do the job.
Thanks

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
For what it's worth, I just installed the upper on mine from JBG, and can't get them to seal very well. It may be my windshield frame needs adjustment tho...

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I have to vote for OEM because the aftermarket that I got from JBG isn't very well made.

I also noticed you are close by.

OP
OP
T

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
I read some old posts but did not see where anyone had trouble with the aftermarket door seals.
I did read a lot about the aftermarket front window seal.
Thanks for the help,

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
i used aftermarket on my 71 and they worked ok, what do you expect they didnt seal good when new is what i figure

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I re-weatherstripped my entire bronco with aftermarket (retailer will remain nameless) and if I'd known how it was going to turn out...I would've left the originals in there!
I will have to eventually re-do some of it (door seals, 1/4 windows, lift gate) and I'll try the dennis carpenter stuff.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I need to replace the lower door weather stripping. Is the OEM type made by Dennis Carpenter worth the extra money or will the aftermarket the JBG has work OK.
I just don't want to spend the extra $$$ if the JBG aftermarket will do the job.
Thanks
I just put these on this morning.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-7...62QQcategoryZ10076QQihZ013QQitemZ230079837497 All holes and pins matched up. They seem fine, price is right. But I'm not doing a restoration, just a driver.