• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door Wont Open!

MDBronco

This afternoon got around to installing some of the Bronco parts Santa brought me this Christmas.

Door Panels, Dash Cover, ect.

On Tuesday, my brother and I are taking the whole day to weld on the new Rear Quarter (lower) on the drivers side.

But....

The drivers door wont open! I dont know what happened, it was working... Went to open it today and it is stuck. I pried on the rod that opens the door and still wouldnt open...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
I had that same problem and when I took off the door panel one of the rods that is connected to the door latch devise had fallen off, I just hooked it back up and the door worked fine again.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
This is a little hard to try to type but here goes. If you changed the door panel ... when you installed the inside handle you must not have gotten the actuator arm on the correct side of the thing that pulls the rod to the door latch. Try taking off the inside handle and move that little arm with a screwdriver or something and see if it opens.

OP
OP
M

MDBronco

Nothing was changed to the door panels...

It was one day working to the next day stuck...