• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Double DIN Stereo Receiver Question

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm installing a double DIN in my center console, and I was wondering how to accommodate (work around) this parking brake connection. The receiver instructions say that this connection has to occur before the screen display will work.

What have the rest of you done to account for this during your installation?

Eoth

Bronco Guru
What is the brand/model of the stereo? There are many products out there to defeat those safety switches.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
if You’re not using the display for auxiliary video - you have no external video device connected - you don’t need to worry about that connection. It’s a lawyer thing that is “supposed” to prevent driver distraction.
If you are going display external video, then just ground that wire and video will always be available for display.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
The reason for the parking brake sense wire is to prevent people from driving down the street while watching a movie or ball game, etc.
In most states (all?) it’s illegal to display entertainment video in view of the driver.
Obviously, this prevention method is easily bypassed - if you’re so inclined to do so.