• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver side door post removal

Huckit36

Has anyone had to replace the door post? Any advice, or links to a how to/order to go in. I've got the welds cut, rocker panel partially removed but can't quite get the thing out. Is it welded up around the top? Worried I might cut to much up. Thanks for the help

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Hopefully you have the front fender off. Yes, it is welded at the top and to the kick panel. Should be pretty obvious, especially if you have the new door post.

OP
OP
H

Huckit36

Fender and inner fender are out. Kick panel is free (mostly from rusting through). Going to go get the new door post today from WH. Hopefully give me an idea of what in missing

VP110

Door Post

Having the new door post in hand should make it self explanatory. Your are cut/ separated from the radius piece on the rocker and there is a strip welded up the bottom of the windshield frame??? Take your time and cut in little steps, and a good hammer is always useful LOL. Good look.