• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DS Front Turn Signal not working with headlights on

brianlowry

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Sorry if this is been answered, I've searched some variations of the problem, but none that seem to match. up.

I've switched my turn signal and brake lights to LED bulbs and added an LED flasher.
All turn signals work with the head/parking lights off.
When they're on, all except the driver's side front doesn't work.
It does not work with the hazards on either.
Turn off the lights and it flashes like normal.

Shouldn't be a bad ground since it's working normally otherwise?
A problem with the headlight switch?

It's a newish Centech harness in a 76.

Thanks in advance

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Could still be a ground issue. But first thing I would do is switch the new LED bulb around if possible. Since it's a dual-bulb 1157 type, that might not be an option. But what about the wiring?
Has the turn signal worked prior to the installation of the LED's? Are the turn signal buckets new replacements, or the originals? Many new ones are wired backwards and this would mess with an LED too. With the headlights off, do the bright elements light up with the turn signals and the dim with the running lamps? Or can you not even run the running lamps and keep the turn signals working?

It sure has all the earmarks of a ground issue otherwise.
I suppose you could rule that out though, by putting incandescent bulbs back in the fronts. Or even just the one giving you trouble.

Paul