• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DS Kick Panel Placement?

Scotty

I’ve misplaced some of my notes. I need a measurement from the trailing edge of the driver’s side kick panel to the forward edge of the rear doorpost & doorpost support (this is the flange that will be wrapped by the door seals).

I searched; there are some measurements posted in this Tech Forum, but also statements that those measurements are (or may be) inaccurate.

Steve83 has posted a drawing showing “Door Opening Width” of 35.30 (https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/1050287_1). This seems accurate or at least close (within bronco tolerances) on the passenger side but I’m not 100% convinced that’s the door seal flanges and not the doorpost bodies.

I’d like to know A-B, C-D, A-D and if the trailing edge of the kick panel is 90° (vertical).

Thank you,
Scott

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 79

Superpro 67

I just measured mine on the driver’s side and the dimensions are as follows:

AB = 35-1/16”
AD = 24-1/16”
CD = 16”

I used a large square and it appears that the edge of the kick panel / door post is pretty square with the edge of the floor / top of the rocker.

OP
OP
S

Scotty

Thanks for the reply Superpro67.

I went and took measurements off another Bronco being built locally.

I found the following:
AB: 35 3/8"
AD: 24 3/8"
CD: 15 15/16"
Rear edge of kick panel: 90° (perpendicular) to upper edge of inner rocker.

Maybe this will help someone else.

- Scott