• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ducks in the Bronco, last weekend of season.

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
What a way to close out the season! Loaded up the gear in the Bronco and came back with a pile of ducks. Even killed my first banded mallard drake! (It only took 11 years of hunting) The bronco might become my lucky charm;D

bubba

Loc.
Conway
where were yall hunting. congrates on the band was it a money band

Last edited:

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Sweet! I miss duck hunting. I left Montana too early and reached Alaska too late this past season. Great pics.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Nice bag!! If the Fed's knew how many ducks my bronco had hauled out in the 70's and 80's, I would not have to worry about Social Security or retirement. They would take care of me for the rest of my life....lol..

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
2 things i don't have... lots of ducks and a working bronco to get me there ;D

we'll have to hook up next year.. i'm in LR, carve all my own decoys.. but generally suck at hunting ;)

jeff

bubba

Loc.
Conway
2 things i don't have... lots of ducks and a working bronco to get me there ;D

we'll have to hook up next year.. i'm in LR, carve all my own decoys.. but generally suck at hunting ;)

jeff

goose season is still open in arkansas have friends arond stuttgart to hunt on their property

OP
OP
ryan_289

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
where were yall hunting. congrates on the band was it a money band

Nope no money band%) If I told you where we were id have to kill ya;D LOL
We hunt public land all around Russellville and Clarksville. This was off the river. It was a new bunch of birds. Didnt even get the calls out of the bag. When you have an open spot of water and everything else is froze they will come no matter what. We limited out last Saturday and this Friday. Best we have done all season. The problem with the river is that you have to be in the right place to kill ducks. If your not there someone else will be!

Cootvon, dont let these pics fool ya. Im no master hunter. Just been doing it for several years. We have gone out and killed just a few far more times than we kill a pile of em!

joe

Bronco Guru
cool, u ever heard of the claypool reservoir, my granny owns some ground down there just outa harrisburg in poinset county, bout a mile or two from claypool. i've been down there a few times. lota duck ;D

bubba

Loc.
Conway
Nope no money band%) If I told you where we were id have to kill ya;D LOL
We hunt public land all around Russellville and Clarksville. This was off the river. It was a new bunch of birds. Didnt even get the calls out of the bag. When you have an open spot of water and everything else is froze they will come no matter what. We limited out last Saturday and this Friday. Best we have done all season. The problem with the river is that you have to be in the right place to kill ducks. If your not there someone else will be!

Cootvon, dont let these pics fool ya. Im no master hunter. Just been doing it for several years. We have gone out and killed just a few far more times than we kill a pile of em!

we went to bayou meto the past 3 weekends and killed about 3 or 4 limits total the birds were everywhere but so were the people you would think 30,000acres was big enough but it isn't

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
ryan,

i hunt up at ed gordon a lot.... this year we tried a bunch of new places. I never care about shooting a lot.. i just like to go new places all the time. I just enjoy getting out there and gunning over my own birds ( i know i know.. that's what all the poor hunters say.. they just do it for the time in the great outdoors ) lol

my bronco is getting discs up front and a power booster this weekend (if i can get rmfreeze and yellowr... er... broncojak to cooperate ;) )

i'd like to take it out to hunt next year but it's an hour drive for me to go anywhere to hunt. we'll see..

have you made it to OCBR yet?

jeff

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
we went to bayou meto the past 3 weekends and killed about 3 or 4 limits total the birds were everywhere but so were the people you would think 30,000acres was big enough but it isn't

i hunted there once this year.. my first time. that place is a joke. sure there are a lot of ducks but a lot of jackalopes as well. I think i'll take a kayak through one of the walk in areas next year. maybe then i can get away from everyone.

Jeff

bubba

Loc.
Conway
i hunted there once this year.. my first time. that place is a joke. sure there are a lot of ducks but a lot of jackalopes as well. I think i'll take a kayak through one of the walk in areas next year. maybe then i can get away from everyone.

Jeff

we tried that this year those people walk a long ways in there. we were in there about a mile and we were the only boats in there

bubba

Loc.
Conway
ryan,

i hunt up at ed gordon a lot.... this year we tried a bunch of new places. I never care about shooting a lot.. i just like to go new places all the time. I just enjoy getting out there and gunning over my own birds ( i know i know.. that's what all the poor hunters say.. they just do it for the time in the great outdoors ) lol

my bronco is getting discs up front and a power booster this weekend (if i can get rmfreeze and yellowr... er... broncojak to cooperate ;) )

i'd like to take it out to hunt next year but it's an hour drive for me to go anywhere to hunt. we'll see..

have you made it to OCBR yet?

jeff
i know of a honey hole in holland bottoms north of jacksonville the bad part is that it is 0.9 mile back in the woods

OP
OP
ryan_289

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
Didnt get to make it to OCBR yet. Im goin to try to go next year. Tranny has been giving me the slip for several months. I cant decide if im going to go ahead and put the lift and tires on and go ahead and finish off the transmission or get it rebuilt first.

We hunted Ed Gordon quite a bit last year. Didnt go once this year. Mostly stayed on the river.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I didn't even bother getting a license this year. I didn't have time to go check the hole to see if it had any ducks...its usually the last hole to hold ducks. And I won't do public land. Believe it our not, ya do without it for a few years (kinda like my deer hunting) ya don't even miss it after awhile. And I save money too.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gotta dig the camo'd out group standing right next to the orange and white bronco..... I didn't even see you guys standing there at first;D

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
nice work.. i didn't get to hunt the last weekend of the season, but had plenty of good hunts this year.. congrats on the band

Luke

1owner66

Loc.
Georgetown Texas
I don't know it they were ducks or geese but on the 25th I was traveling through Arkansas on I40 between West Memphis and Little Rock and saw so many flying around it was crazy! I mean literally thousands flying in their V's all over the place! I told my wife that Arkansas was known for good duck hunting.

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
most likely geese. if anyone has a field and needs some help with the white devils during the conservation season.. please let me know!!!! i'm ready to crawl the ditches to help the tundra ;D