• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Dual Exhaust kit...anyone tried it?

okeefe01

Loc.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey guys. I have a single exhaust now, and my muffler is going bad. I having been thinking about converting to dual exhaust, and now seesm like the right time.

Has anyone tried the dual exhaust kit that James Duff has? It is priced pretty good ($175). But if I am going to buy it, I want it to fit.

Thanks,
James

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
I put one in a Bronc I was building about 3 years ago . It was ok but took some trimming & the sections from the mufflers back wouldn't match up height wise . The mufflers sound like crap IMO .

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
I got it. I had to take it to a exaust shop to do some tweeking to get it to fit (50 bucks). It comes with cherry bomb turbos they sound ok.

G

I fit it in and the cherry boms are sitting in the shop I put flo masters on

Morpheus

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I tried it also. I agree, several fitment issues. One of the mufflers started leaking in about 2 months. Not much left of it on my truck now.

T

teknalee

bought the bronco with it.. it routes behind the rear wheels out the sides which is so much better than the new system i put on there (straight out the back) wasn't too loud either...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
You get what you pay for. Hell my Flowmaster 40's cost me $130 for the pair...and you want a system for $170?

OP
OP
O

okeefe01

Loc.
Cincinnati, Ohio
[quote author=Skuzzlebutt link=board=5;threadid=15918;start=0#msg120694 date=1049267016]
Is the Duff's available without the cheesy mufflers?
[/quote]

I am going to see if I can get it without the mufflers or at least maybe some others. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for the input.