• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Floor Shifter Conversion PICS

kboehm73

Loc.
College Station
I recently purchased my first EB and the PO threw in some great parts. One of which is the duff floor shifter conversion. The thing is I'm not entirely sold on the look just yet and really don't mind the column shift. So, I'm hoping I can get some pics to help make my mind up on whether or not to do it. Can someone put up some pics on how this thing looks when finished. Thanks in advance.

AZ69EB

kboehm73,

I would drive your EB just like it is for a while. The floor shifter does nothing for performance, execpt make it easier for you to shift the three speed.

On my 69, the PO already had made the switch to the floor shifter. The three speed die and I swiched to the C4 automatic. Now I have a big hole in the tunnel cover I had to cover.

I do not miss the three speed at all. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
K

kboehm73

Loc.
College Station
the thing is i'm rebuilding the transmission and transfercase this weekend. also getting into the clutch and a twin stick conversion. I was just looking for some pics to see if I like it enough to bother with the install while i'm down there.

Old-Red

Loc.
Chico, CA
Here are some picts. This was installed by the James Duff shop when they were in Washington and since the install I put in a 3" Body lift, so the boots are stretched in the pictures. I find that the shifter is too close to my leg for the way I drive, but this is just until I install the ZF tranny. The first picture is of a side view and tranny is in reverse. The second picture is with the tranny in first and the final picture is with the tranny in 3rd. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 258

AZ69EB

I had the same problem with mine, but it was a Hurst 3 speed shifter. I ended up heating it up and bending it to clear my leg.

The other problem mine had was hitting the dash going into second gear.

Just not a good combination with 33's and 3.50 gears.

Again, just my two cents.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here is the Duff shifters with a Hurst T-handle knob on the tranny shifter and a Duff billet knob on the TC shifter. It's a great upgrade. I also bent the handle a bit to the right to kkep it away from my knee. But the Duff one is shorter throw and mine does not even come close to hitting the dash.

Attachments

• DSC02883.JPG
    DSC02883.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 257
OP
OP
K

kboehm73

Loc.
College Station
okay after the last two sets of pics i think i'm gonna go ahead and do it. looks like the fiberglass housing takes paint pretty well too. Is there a part you can buy that will cover up the old column shifter outlet?? I assume I could just get an automatic steering column, but would prefer to just buy the one part.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
okay after the last two sets of pics i think i'm gonna go ahead and do it. looks like the fiberglass housing takes paint pretty well too. Is there a part you can buy that will cover up the old column shifter outlet?? I assume I could just get an automatic steering column, but would prefer to just buy the one part.

I have a couple of the column collars that you need. If you are interested shoot me a PM.