• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dupli-color truck bed liner

73 bronc

BANNED
I was in auto zone the other day, and saw this dupli-color bed liner stuff. Has anyone used it? I was wondering if it was any good. It says you can spray it or roll it on. I am having alot of trouble spending 650.00 on a line x job. Thanks

U

Unregistered

Shopped these a bunch before I did mine with Herculiner.

Here is the basic run down.

1. Duplicolor (least durable, least expensive)
2. Herculiner (In the middle, but still a good deal, search around)
3. Line-X (super durable, most expensive)

Depends on what you plan on doing with the bed of your Bronco. If it is moderate, light use, Duplicolor or Herculiner should be fine.
If you really tear the back up with heavy equipment or loads, go with Line-X.

If checked out all of them in person. Line-X is definetely above and beyond, but because of budget, most of us end up going with 1 or 2. Up to you, but if you do good prep work, I'd say you would be pleased with the Herculiner or the Duplicolor if you aren't abusing the bed.

OP
OP

73 bronc

BANNED
thanks, the main thing i am trying to prevent is rust, so hopefully the cheap stuff will work. I appreciate the help!!!!

FordTruckGuyFX4

Loc.
East TN
I'm not too sure about the Duplicolor but I picked up a gallon of it to do my interior floorpans w/ for my truck. And maybe the underside depending on how stout it is. For the actual bed of the truck though I'll probably be giving Line-X of Knoxville a call.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
I've used Dupilcolor several times . The good : cheap cost , The bad : very brittle , chips easy . It rolls on VERY nicely , doesn't spray as well . If you're going to cover it up with carpet or mats it's a good deal .

U

Unregistered

After i sandblasted my tub, i did underside with duplicolor. It is ok but i would not do the bed with it. It has very rough , almost scratchy feel to it. The reason for it might be because i sprayed it.
For undercarriage works well. Try that durabank stuff. I belive it is $80 a gallon. I just got the samples in mail and it looks much better.

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
73 bronc--- i noticed your in tulsa.. check with the okc line-x... i took mine in to them with the top off and interior stripped and they nly charged around $350.00

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I used Duplicolor in a rattle can and I have to say that I have been very pleased with the results . I sprayed the entire floor and both bumpers and the only thing that has chiped or worn off is the bumpers . The nice thing about it is that you can clean it off with laquer thinner and spray more to touch it up and nobody will notice . It is cheap but the advantage of touch ups is very nice :eek:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I had the same delima a few months ago. Wanted something strong and durable, but didn't want to put 450.00 into it so I went with Herculiner. It did a great job. I rolled and brushed it in. Seems to be very durable and looks much better than I expected. Line-X of course is gonna look better and so is Rhino, but for $80.00 you can't go wrong . Here is a pic shortly after mine was complete.

Good Luck,

Blue71

Attachments

• im002005.jpg
    im002005.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 177

mrcat88

Bronco Guru
Loc.
VacaVILE, CA
I did Herculiner and I was NOT at all pleased with the results. It got torn easily, and once it starts to tear, it doesn't stop....it sticks to itself and comes off in large strips. It was great for a short time, but I wanted something much more durable.

I went with durabak after that, in green, and it's awesome stuff. I did the hardtop inside and out also, and it looks good too. I really like the way it came out, and even after several months, it looks like it did new! You can check out a few pics of it here:

Sub Pics In The Bronco

I have other pictures somewhere, but I have to find them....or take more....and it's raining right now so I can't get new ones. That at least gives an idea of how Durabak came out. I really like it, and would happily do it again.

Mrcat88

U

Unregistered

Hey guys well i just thought i would give you all my two cents those roll on or buy at the store bed liners are ok but when exposed to sun they will fad and look bad dont really know how tough they are but. my thoughts with line-x are not so good either. i work at a place where we do bed liners and wev seen a coulpe of line-x liners that they dident sand the paint at all and it was not sticking so hot. if you do a line-e sand it your self. i did mine at my work and it is asome if any one is near washington or has acsess to a speed liner coumpany that would be my advise. hope i might of helped you out.

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
Unregistered said:
Hey guys well i just thought i would give you all my two cents those roll on or buy at the store bed liners are ok but when exposed to sun they will fad and look bad dont really know how tough they are but. my thoughts with line-x are not so good either. i work at a place where we do bed liners and wev seen a coulpe of line-x liners that they dident sand the paint at all and it was not sticking so hot. if you do a line-e sand it your self. i did mine at my work and it is asome if any one is near washington or has acsess to a speed liner coumpany that would be my advise. hope i might of helped you out.

It actually hurt my head to read this :eek: