• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dynacorn complete metal EB bodies

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Having heard/read some rumors of a complete EB body, I checked out Dynacorn's site after seeing they'd be at SEMA as I was hoping to see a complete body out there.

I sent them a question and got a response back today:

QUESTION:
I've heard rumors of a 66-77 Ford Bronco body coming out soon, is this
true? If so, when?

ANSWER:
Well, we were going to try to have it available by the end of the year
with the prototype shown at this year's SEMA show, however, that is not to
be...suffice to say we are definately working on it.

So, it looks like is is certainly true, but unfortunatly I will not get to lay my eyes on one next month! :(

Looking at their site, the other bodies they make sure look nice. Hopefully the fit and finish is as good as they look! The price is certainly up there and would likely limit these to high end restorations and customs. My guess is that the EB body will be in the $12.5-$14K range.

Yes, lots of money, but I have seen others spend that or more in parts and labor to salavage a rusted out body, and in the end, they generally end up with a somewhat good fitting, patched together body. So, there is certainly a justification for a high $ body on many projects that some of us do, but is there really enough of a market within the EB community to justify the huge money Dynacorn's had to invest to make this a reality? I hope so!

Hoping to someday build a project with one of these!

I'm not sure just how complete they will actually be at this point (bare basic assembled tub, or if they will also offer doors, hoods, tops, etc.)

Last edited:

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
If they were a little lower I could see using one for a "Dream Build". You know the Build we all do in our heads every time somebody comes out with a cool new item that could be used on a Bronco.
Im glad they are going to make them.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Someone once told me....

There is an ass for every seat out there.

Just wish I sold the seats everyone would buy.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I've seen some fun stuff built with new old bodies, check out these seats!!..........Hmmmm how would ya do a brand new bronco body????

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 32
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 43

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I would do it something like this!!!;D ;D

Attachments

• FSCN1705.JPG
    FSCN1705.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN1716.JPG
    DSCN1716.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 48
  • FSCN1715.JPG
    FSCN1715.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 65
  • FSCN0781.JPG
    FSCN0781.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 74

TN1776

Bronco Guru
That is a lot of $$ for a Bronco body... definitely not one to take out on the trail!

This thread however combines my two favorite vehicles... The Early Bronco and the 1st generation Camaro. Oh how I'd love to build a 68 Camaro from the ground up...

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Has anyone heard any reports from customers or builders (not ad hype) on how the Dynacorn Camaro and Mustang bodies fit and finish stacks up? This should be a good indication of what to expect in an EB body.

For the DIY'er who does not care to add a dollar value to their time in labor, a project with one of these might not be too attractive (especially considering you could find a nearly rust free uncut complete donor rig for what these bodies will likely cost if you did your homework). However, for someone paying for a shop build, I can see these being a good alternative to paying $50-$100 hour for someone to strip, clean, repair, and prep a used tub.

Glass can be nice when finished, but can take many hours to get straight enough for a high end build, and can print through paint and get wavy with time. So a $4000-$6000 glass body could end up actually costing quite a bit more if paying a shop to make it all fit right.

I guess it all comes down to how good the Dyncorn fits and how much adjustment and prep needs to be done to get it ready for a high end paint job.

As for the benefits of glass over metal, for most builds that I'd forsee these being used for, I would not worry about then banging off a tree and being dented or sitting outside after a run though the mud bog and rusting. I'd think most projects using one of these tubs would be a high end stocker style, retro-mod or wild street modified project that would be someones pride and joy and not subject to many of the common hazzards of a lot of our Broncos have endured over the years!

Anyway, that's just a few more thoughts I've had on these today. Great to have more options anyway!

Last edited:

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
That's great news Drew! Keep us in the loop :cool:

If I charged myself labor I could probably double that price :-[

Premium Concept

My main companies home office is in Oxnard just down the street from Dynacorn. I have been in their facility and seen some the vehicles that have been done with the bodies they produce (67 68 style fastback) and I have to say they are top notch.

The tolerances that they allow are slim to none and the end product goes thru a rigorous spot check before being okay for sale. If you are looking at making an Eleanor, or KR or shelby clone then these bodies are a great option.

That being said, it doesn't make sense for my tastes on what I want to do with my Bronco, but I definitely want a truck I can beat on without being too upset about the finish. But if you wanted a body to do up custom and would never leave the pavement, I say it is worth it. Can't say enough about the quality, I was blown away at the shells I saw.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Good to hear that!

If Dynacorn adheres remotely close to current OEM fit standards these should be far supperior to what FoMoCo (and others) used in the original era of these classics!

I'd suspect that some of their engineering and production people have direct OEM or Tier 1 supplier experiance and work towardss those standards and expectations of fit.

I wonder what type of QC they do and what metrology they use to asure alignments and fits. With modern fixed and portable CMM (coordinate measuring machines), it is a lot easier to literally check thousands of charecteristics and possible to measure relative data that was not even possible during FoMoCo's production of the EB.

The manufactuing engineer geek in me is really looking forward to stopping by the booth at SEMA to talk with some of their engineering/manufactuing folks to get some insight on their process. ;D

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i know the quality of the camaro bodies is not all that great. I have watched several builds based off of the dynacom bodies and most have trouble with the body gaps and windshield fitment.

rwm01

Loc.
Winnsboro, TX
HorsePower TV started a Mustang build using a Dynacorn body. They didn't do much last week with the body and it doesn't look like they are working on it on this weekend's show, but it might be a show to watch to see the quality of the body.

Bob

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
The Mustang shells are officially licensed by Ford Motor Company, and I'm sure the Camaros and tri-5 chevies are licensed by GM. That tells me they have to be at OEM quality or better for the origional manufacturer to accecpt it. They are also going to build a 69-70 Mustang body last I heard. With the cost of these (and rarity) I think it's probably worth it in the long run. I couldn't see paying that for a Bronco I am gonna take out and hammer on the the trails though.