• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dynacorn tailgate quality remarks

chloichina

Loc.
Central FL
Searched the forums, basically found little about their tailgates. I'm looking at part number 3790, it's the blank tailgate below.
http://www.dynacorn.com/ShowItem.aspx?item=3790

I'm curious about the quality?
I know they are made in Taiwan which tells me to be cautious but if anyone has any experience your input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again

Nathan43

Loc.
Provencal, Louisiana
I can't tell you anything about that specific tailgate, but I recommend the one on jeffs bronco graveyard. Made in usa out of the original Ford dies. http://shop.broncograveyard.com/1966-1977-Ford-Bronco-OEM-Steel-Tailgate/productinfo/14130/

I bought one and am fairly happy with it. It is made out of galvanized steel which is great but also leads to the only con about it. Due to it being galvanized the welds aren't of the nicest quality, because they don't clean the galvanizing off before welding, which causes an ugly weld. You may have to touch up a couple of welds. Worth it in my opinion, if you want me to post or send you a couple of pictures let me know. I'd be glad to.

Edit: I just noticed you are looking at the (no logo) tailgate. So my tip may be useless if you specifically don't want a logo.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw Jeffs version at Driven just last week, I first thought it was an OEM sandblasted tailgate, looked good. Why buy one without the FORD?

Whichever one you buy, I recommend you invest in a can of Eastwoods internal frame protection, its basically etching primer that knocks down the rust probability. My 40 plus year tailgate took a day to shake lose the lose rust, then I coated it internally and walla, rust be gone.

OP
OP
chloichina

chloichina

Loc.
Central FL
I'm wanting to do some custom work on the tailgate, but if the quality is really poor I'll use a Ford script tailgate? It will just make the project easier and actually cheaper? Thanks for the replies.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
No Ford logo, no royalties to be paid to Ford. Their grill is same way. Its not stamped into grill center. Its that whole licencing thing....$$$