• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

E-Brake pedal and roll cage

Preston

The roll cage I had installed comes down right in front of the emergency brake pedal and when I went to have it inspected today they said it was unacceptable as it would be very hard to get to in an emergency. Someone said they had it bent out. Is there a bracket to move it over? or perhaps I can have spacer welded in to move the pedal to the right. What have you folks done?

Thanks,
Preston

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
You can usually unbolt the front bolt that holds it to the dash and move it to the right. Sometimes you can even use an existing hole.

mitzel

Contributor
Loc.
Googleplex
I did similar to what ken75ranger mentioned. remove the bolts that
anchor the release handle to the bottom of the dash and move it
over about 2 inches. that twisted the whole firewall anchor bracket
and pedal over far enough for unobstructed access with my cage.
it does put some added stress on the firewall bracket fasteners but
hasn't caused any problem in ~5 years.

after looking at the picture S/C-HD2002 posted that foot peg looks
like a pretty slick mod.

OP
OP
P

Preston

Thanks for the help. I do like that bicycle foot peg thing. I will look at the mounting bolts as well.

Thanks again,
Preston