• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Early 1966 U13 Roadster Low Miles *Rust Free*

Status
Not open for further replies.

elksheds

Loc.
Creede, CO
I have a September '65 built 1966 U13 Roadster for sale. It was used in TX as a fire truck, and the original TX title goes with it. It has not been titled since it was purchased from the original owner. They owned this truck and put 8,300 on the odometer. The body is the straightest I have seen, and rust free. The floorpans are solid, but have been replaced once. Rockers, tailgate, a-pillars, door posts etc are all completely rust free. It was ordered with bucket seats and a bulkhead, and still has both. The bulkhead is pristine, and I have new foam and silver covers to redo the seats, but have not done so yet. Eyebrow grille,'66 bumpers in great shape, chrome package, '66 only hubcaps in great condition, and even the original exhaust, less a newer muffler.
It has the original drivetrain, 170 CID with 3 on the tree. Engine purrs like a kitten. I am in the process of refurbishing the gas tank currently, doing the brakes as well. It has whitewall tires and was originally Carribbean turquoise. The fire department painted it Fire Engine Red at some point (Bummer) but it still looks great for its age (YAY). It currently does not have the OEM inserts of a roadster, but was fitted with '68 doors and hardtop long ago (I personally think this saved this Bronco from the rust that most roadsters had from years of sitting. This one also sat in a firehall for many years, which also helped greatly. Serious inquiries only, and please text me for pictures. $15,000 OBO or Bronco trades considered. 719-588-4941 Please mention Roadster in your text. It is located in SW Colorado.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Out of curiosity, does it have fire department decals/logos on it?? Was it used as a 'brush truck' or for parades only??

Pops

OP
OP
E

elksheds

Loc.
Creede, CO
There's no telling

There's no telling exactly how they used the truck, other than by the shape it is in, which is much nicer than I would consider a 51 year old brush truck would have made out. They pulled the decals, as there was a department decal on each door and unit number on upper front fenders above the Bronco emblem. I removed the three extinguisher holders from the inside, and it seems to have flag mounts on the upper windshield frame, for parades I would assume. It still has the original FD key tag with its unit number on it.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Dang......would have been much cooler with the decals. My father-in-law has bought 3 local fire department jeeps over the years (including the one from our local FD that I was on). All 3 had extremely low miles for their ages and had the decals on them. Local one is still as it was, but other 2, he removed all FD traces and they look just like CJ 5's now.

Pops

Status
Not open for further replies.