• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Emergency Brake roll bar cage clearance repair solution

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have a cheaper and quicker solution. Unbolt the assembly from the bottom of the dash. Bend it toward the passenger side until it clears the roll bar. Drill a new hole under the dash at this location. Bolt the assembly back to the dash in the new location. Done.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it's a great idea, as long as it doesn't get in the way like you were saying. But the move-it-on-over mod is quick and easy too.
Buddy found a slick GM pedal assembly that has an offset pedal. Works slicker-n-snot and looks factory. Also is the type you don't have to pull a handle on. Just push once and release. That last bit is good or bad, depending on what you like. But it's still cool.

Let us know how you like the bike peg after spending some time with it.

Thanks

Paul

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I have a cheaper and quicker solution. Unbolt the assembly from the bottom of the dash. Bend it toward the passenger side until it clears the roll bar. Drill a new hole under the dash at this location. Bolt the assembly back to the dash in the new location. Done.
That's what I did

jmangi62

Bronco Guru

^^^^^ Exactly what I did, great minds think alike lol. :cool:

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Easy peasy I had to do it to clear my speaker pods, but cage is on the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 137

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
These pics are not that great but heres a couple from my build. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0117.jpg