• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

East Alabama Bronco Owners (Auburn/Opelika)

BamaBlue'67

Calling all Bronco owners in the East Alabama area,
I would like to start a local Bronco group for those of us who are like-minded (Bronco nuts) in the Auburn and surrounding area. We could start to have some Bronco get togethers, meet and greets, etc. I see your Broncos around town, it would be fun to get to know some of you guys.

There is a local Cars and Coffee event that meets the 3rd Saturday of every month at the Auburn Mall. That event is this Saturday. I have taken my Bronco several times since it started. Chime in and lets try to have a Bronco contingent there and grow it in the future.

Those not in the area what are some strategies that you have used to start such a group? Of course, Facebook and word of mouth will be my initial starting point outside of this post.

Have a great weekend,
Russell

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
War Damn Eagle!

X3 WDE!!!!!! I can't be there Saturday but would gladly join as an honorary member, I do come down once or twice a year, I was born & raised in East AL (Phenix City) DYE-hard Auburn fan and certified Bronco kook!! :D

I would not exclude Bama fans though, it's not their fault they were brain-washed by their folks ;D

eb-nutt1

1strodeo--and here i thought for the last 48 years, it was the Barners who were the brainwashed fans ��....bamablue, you need to see if you can get some of the lake martin contingent of eb owners to venture down, there's around 15 or so eb's in the area.

Brian

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
1strodeo--and here i thought for the last 48 years, it was the Barners who were the brainwashed fans ��....bamablue, you need to see if you can get some of the lake martin contingent of eb owners to venture down, there's around 15 or so eb's in the area.

Brian

Hey Brian I'm 48 too! See how much we got in common?? ;D

please allow me to clarify, I shouldn't have said they're all brain-washed, I was really talking about my extended family, all of whom were born & raised a half hour from Auburn, yet 90% of em are Bama fans, because their parents were....pretty sure 1 or 2 out of 50 of them ever set foot in Tuscaloosa, just never understood that I guess because I'm a home-team kinda guy :)

...and I miss me some Lake Martin :cry:

Jeff

Dyehard

War Eagle! I'm a little too far up here in north AL but might could make some special events.

Matlock

....bamablue, you need to see if you can get some of the lake martin contingent of eb owners to venture down, there's around 15 or so eb's in the area.

Brian

You should warn him that he might gain a few pounds hanging out with
the Flatfoot Tribe ;D

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Be sure u Plains Boys have some jumper cables and a $5 bill if y’all get together. Try to remember what y’all took to the last major Bowl game Auburn attended !

eb-nutt1

1strodeo, im the opposite, 90% of my xtended family are barners, with probably half of those never stepping foot on campus even though its only 40 minutes down the road, lol...where are you from originally? Matlock...i'm still relatively svelte in my old age, other members of the tribe not so much

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Remember the Alabama Ford Jamboree, an all Ford Show, in Heflin September 7 at the Heflin City Park. Its only about 1 1/2 hour from the Auburn/Opelika area. There's a kick off cruise on Friday and the show on Saturday. There's a group that came last year from there and I think they are planning on attending this year also. There's been 60+ early Broncos at this show before, so it will be good!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
1strodeo, im the opposite, 90% of my xtended family are barners, with probably half of those never stepping foot on campus even though its only 40 minutes down the road, lol...where are you from originally?

Yeah I knew Alex City wasn't far from Auburn, been to the dog track in Shorter many times, I was born & raised in Phenix City, lived in Opelika for a while when I worked for DP (alongside many Alex City folks) in the early 90's...Bo Jackson was a big sponsor for DP back then, met him at a big barbecue one summer. Joined the military in '96 and have only been back for visits since then. Never heard of a 'barner' til now haha

OP
OP
BamaBlue'67

BamaBlue'67

Remember the Alabama Ford Jamboree, an all Ford Show, in Heflin September 7 at the Heflin City Park. Its only about 1 1/2 hour from the Auburn/Opelika area. There's a kick off cruise on Friday and the show on Saturday. There's a group that came last year from there and I think they are planning on attending this year also. There's been 60+ early Broncos at this show before, so it will be good!

One of my good friends has a '66 Mustang fastback. We will looking into make the trip up for this. Thanks for the heads up.

1971BroncoSport

Saw this one on South College St in Auburn by the Five Guys this past weekend. (Pic through a dirty windshield) it was a nice one.

Attachments

• 7D8A3AFC-D37E-4297-A45C-26921E55C0BB.jpg
    7D8A3AFC-D37E-4297-A45C-26921E55C0BB.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30

eb-nutt1

The above one you to belong to a friend of mine that lives in Auburn, he sold it to a friend of his in Auburn...my friend fluctuates between eb's, cj-7's and fj40s...the above one sold for around 35k.

OP
OP
BamaBlue'67

BamaBlue'67

Saw this one on South College St in Auburn by the Five Guys this past weekend. (Pic through a dirty windshield) it was a nice one.

Yes, I have talked to the owner before. Bronco was purchased out of Texas. Very nice orig condition Bronco.

widowmaker77

Contributor
Maybe by next year I’ll have mine finished and could drive up and can attend. Would be a fun little ride for me and the wife!