• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB runs an 11 second quarter

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Nice! I didn't think a brick would move that fast! I bet the Camero guy was a little shocked!! :eek:

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I bet he was. My buddy has a Dakota R/T and he keeps beggin to race me. lol, maybe once for kicks. Its like a lot of people on here have said, its a hot rod with 4 wheel drive.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
he totally tree'd him... BIG TIME!!!

he had like a 1 car lenght lead by the time the guy in the cheby whipped the drool of his down syndrome chin!

not that it's not a fast bronco, but that was a bad driver in the camullet ( ;) ya like the lil spin I did there, most camaro owners have a mullet).

...but I digerss

:cool:

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
My very first EB had a 289 in it that someone knew what they were doing when they built it. I could smoke 33s in 1st & 2nd and it would grab hard in 3rd. It was all street though, a pure race engine that should have been in a Mustang because I raced a mid 70s Camaro and actually had him until about 65, he had an extra gear and hit it and was able to pull away from me finally.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Camaro was asleep at the light....otherwise may have been closer.

Still a fast Bronco without a doubt.

jdub1233

That thing is quick, sweet wheelie bars too. 'Camullet'.....hilarious!

Potshot

Mine might do a 15 second quarter mile if it was shot out of a cannon... :eek: :eek: :eek:

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I know the guy who owns this Bronco

He has a 302 with nitrous, becides that it isn't anything special motor wise. He still has the stock front axle, but it is empty inside. I am pretty sure it is a 2 wheel drive automatic, with No transfer case.

Here is a pic of the wheelly bars

Attachments

• wheelybars.JPG
    wheelybars.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 88

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
But, why start off to drag with a brick??

yes, why indeed...

people do all kinds of crazy things!

specifically in this case I think it's for the sleeper appeal, like get'n yer ass kicked by an 80 lb girl, it would be cool to watch cause it's rare to see and totally unexpected.

But yes... why indeed!

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
yes, why indeed...

people do all kinds of crazy things!

specifically in this case I think it's for the sleeper appeal, like get'n yer ass kicked by an 80 lb girl, it would be cool to watch cause it's rare to see and totally unexpected.

But yes... why indeed!

Exactly. Sleepers kick ass. There are few things more satisfying than seeing an old "clunker" kick the snot out of a newer, more expensive vehicle. I love seeing stuff like that.

Goin Off Bronco

Loc.
Torrance, Ca
I really like that sand drag! Hey whatch out about the 69 Camaros...Those are indeed a super cool car that is the most sought after collector Camaro today! But indeed way cool to have a sleeper or unsuspecting vehicle blow the doors off a traditional drag car!