• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ebay bumpers - What do you think?

Hazegray

HA! I'm wondering the same thing. I just don't like the rear hitch receiver mounting...looks like an afterthought.

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
.120 (aroung 1/8") tubing seems thin compared with most bumpers I have seen with 1/4" and 3/16" tubing.

Although my rollcage is .120 and it is pretty stout.

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
If they need to be shipped it will cost a fortune. I had to back out on selling some soft doors with frames as UPS wanted $125 to ship. I tried to buya front bar set from Kentrol for $238 but they wanted another $299 to ship.

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
Interesting. I wonder what they will go for?...
I sent the builder an email about the possibility on a 2" BL set up. We'll see.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I would be interested at how they mount to the frame. If they do like another ad I saw, they just had a 3"x3" tab welded to the top and bottom of the bumper, that bolted to the frame ends..which to me doesn't seem like it could handle a hard up/down hit.....

just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
daddyg

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Shipping to my zipcode from the "Calculate Shipping Costs" link was $97. Also they will add a winch mount for another $25. Let me know what they say about the body lift. I need the same thing..

Hazegray

Man, seems like everyone is on the same wave length here. I also e-mailed him this morning regarding the 2" body lift....

shifter

Loc.
Agua Dulce, CA
They look ok for the price but for everyones protection remove that piece of square tubing that is pretending to be a reciever hitch in case someone hooks a trailer to it!

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Incognito said:
If they need to be shipped it will cost a fortune. I had to back out on selling some soft doors with frames as UPS wanted $125 to ship. I tried to buya front bar set from Kentrol for $238 but they wanted another $299 to ship.

UPS is probably the MOST expensive shipper out there. I priced out my bumper that I sold and UPS was 60+ dollars more than FEDEX.

Last edited:

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
If you have a welder, you can build both of those for under $125.
I don't like the receiver (like the others), and don't like the bearing setup used for the swing out carrier. I think tapered bearings should have been used. That way you can adjust the slop out. It will get slop, that is a LOT of weight when you put a tire on there.

Hazegray

I got a reply regarding the 2" body lift. Cost is an extra $35 per bumper. Maybe I'll wait to build my own %)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Those bumpers from Utah look like doodie. LOok at ebay item number 7999789465, they are better for about the same money...however, they are still not quite perfectly symmetrical. They are quite similar in design...kind of wierd. Good luck you guys.

OP
OP
daddyg

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
trailpsycho said:
Those bumpers from Utah look like doodie. LOok at ebay item number 7999789465, they are better for about the same money...however, they are still not quite perfectly symmetrical. They are quite similar in design...kind of wierd. Good luck you guys.

I like those better also, especially the receiver hitch. I wish it had the rear tire mount though. I am just looking for some bumpers that will be functional, take a beating and not cost a fortune..

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
If you want to make a trip to TX, I can whip you up a set.. I have built many, many bumpers etc for friends. I only ask that they pay for the materials and give me a few $$ to cover a new roll of welding wire and a refill on my oxy/acet bottles.. and maybe a case of water or the like... oh, and definatly help build... The bumpers we build are usually over built, but we like being able to build them the way we want.

Now it has taken me over 7 years to accumulate the tools, but I have paid for them with the upgrades I have made to my Bronco alone...not counting friends..

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
RajinCajun said:
If you want to make a trip to TX, I can whip you up a set..

Damm
I was just in Texas racing this weekend. I could have had my buddy bring it back with him.

Sometimes I have the worst timing, hehe