• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ebay...fender flares

ja.stoner63

Loc.
Chandler, Arizona
Does anyone know where these fender flares are from?

Thanks,
JA

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
can't say, but I can say I think they are hideous. Like the bronco otherwise though.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
X2 on the hideous thing. Sorry, but it ruins the classic lines of the EB.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
They look like the 4" Duff Flares but bolted on from the outside.

Is that the eBay Bronco that is a late model bronco chassis/running gear?

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
They look like the 4" Duff Flares but bolted on from the outside.

>>>> they are duff's "trail-flex" 4" flares sold in the past & the same ones that are on crazy horse....the other 4" flares they used to offer had concealed screws & were called "flexi-glass" flares......they were supposed to be coming out with a new version back in '08 ,but it never happened............... below is a copy& paste from products in development page >>
4" Trail Flares in Duff's Space Age Material

With trails getting harder and tires getting bigger, it was time to advance Duff's popular 4" flexi-glass flare to be able to handle the use of today's hardcore wheeler or urban driving abuse. Based on the same two-piece design as the original Trail Flex flare, we have built prototypes out of the same space-age poly that is used in Duff's top selling UFO flares. The smooth outer finish with no visible mounting screws makes for a grea look. They are ideal for a daily driver or wide tires and can be easily painted.

Look for the 4" Trail Flares to be released January 2008.

Michael A

Loc.
San Diego
If you like those there was a set in the "For Sale" section. It was about 6 months back. They come up for sale pretty often.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Personally I think they look FANTASTIC!!!!%)%)%) I know where ya' can get a set but they're expensive!!!!%)%)%)

Attachments

• FSCN0675.JPG
    FSCN0675.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 89

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
ive been looking for those too, i just want something different from every other bronco with flares. thanks for the link

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Takes the right wheel/tire combo and full width or low BS wheels to fill these out and make them look good in my opinion. The silver one and Crazy Horse do this well but I've seen others with skinny tires that just looked out of place.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
They do look better on Crazy Horse. I think it's because there is so many other things going on there that the don't stand out so much.

OP
OP
ja.stoner63

ja.stoner63

Loc.
Chandler, Arizona
:cool:
They do look better on Crazy Horse. I think it's because there is so many other things going on there that the don't stand out so much.

I think they would look great painted.

As for the classic look. Seems funny folks would mention that since they came with uncut fenders. Folks change them to suit them not others...like widen them, narrow them, raise them, lower them, big tires, little tires, super charge them, diesel them, make them longer, & even shorter...

I just love all EB's oh and 78 & 79 models too.

JA

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
:cool:

I think they would look great painted.

As for the classic look. Seems funny folks would mention that since they came with uncut fenders. Folks change them to suit them not others...like widen them, narrow them, raise them, lower them, big tires, little tires, super charge them, diesel them, make them longer, & even shorter...

I just love all EB's oh and 78 & 79 models too.

JA

I think what is meant is the lines created by the original front fenders. The fender flares most sell replicate the same sort of lines which keep the look of the bronco similar to what it came with.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
if you want some big flares our buddy's in iceland could make you some;D

Attachments

• icland bronco.jpg
    icland bronco.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 32

rdukw

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have been looking for these flares as well for my old Bronco that was in a fire and I'm trying to resurrect it.. I have contacted Duff and they are building no fiberglass parts at the moment. If any one has an old set around or know of some available any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan