• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ebay Rear Disc Kit - Thoughts

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Calipers with built it emergency brake = Cadillac?

Those are notoriously hard to adjust, and don't work unless adjusted right.

Is the light yellow in the pic or is the rotor cad plated?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Sure look like the GM rear calipers.
Don't see any parking brake cables, none mentioned either.
I think those are Jeep rotors.

Never used that kit. But the basis of the kit has been used for decades and is sound. For all the new parts the price looks good.

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

Yeah they mention in the description no ebrake cables or bolts.

Thabks, I think I'll give them a shot

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

Will do, fair warning it's going to be a while lol. This is a ground up build

68ford

Bronco Guru
Need to make sure what width drum brakes it replaces, if it's for trucks it may only work on a 76-77 axle assembly.

tbratz

I purchased that same kit about two years ago and it is excellent in quality. I only had one very slight issue, but I really don't remember what it was. If I remember correctly it had to do with the pads. It is rather hard to explain but there needed to be a very small piece that I had to grind down because it was rubbing on the rotor. It was on the metal mounting tabs and not the pad it self. I don't know if all the pads are like that or just the brand that was shipped to me. It only took a few minutes. The e-brake works fine also, I ended up purchasing the cables from WHorses, which are a little long, but they work fine also. They were very easy to adjust also. I went on line and found a good source on how to adjust them and there isn't much to it. Over all I would use this kit again, very simple straight forward install. I also use Tom's Bronco gas shocks, which are a smaller diameter than most and fit with out having to modify the shock mounts.