• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ebay Seat Cover Guy Gone? (Upholsteryguy?)

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
There was a seller on Ebay that was selling good looking seat covers for a while on Ebay (Upholsteryguy?) Is he gone? Anyone have contact info? He seemed to have good covers at a good price.

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
That's the same guy I got my bikini top from, and he was listed as "no longer a registered user" for a while, but I see he's back in business.

Here he is:Upholstererman

Galen

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
I bought my bikini top from the guy. I have to say I did get the feeling I was getting ripped off after 3 weeks and no ups box on my porch. But I calmed down and I was happy when it arrived and got a smokin deal. Did he get temporarily booted for so many negative feedbacks so quickly?

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
His semi-recent batch negative posts gave me the impression that he had a bad situation for a while and wasn't able to produce. I also get the impression that apholstery isn't his day job.
But I've never met the guy so... who nose...

House

Minutia Militia
I also get the impression that apholstery isn't his day job.
But I've never met the guy so...

I have met they guy. It used to be his day job. He had a shop in
Medford, Oregon. His shop used to do great work, then he got rid of
his employees and still did some work for quite a while, then fell off the
face of the earth... Hopefully he will show up again some day.

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
72_EB said:
There was a seller on Ebay that was selling good looking seat covers for a while on Ebay (Upholsteryguy?) Is he gone? Anyone have contact info? He seemed to have good covers at a good price.

thers been a few other threads about him and his whereabouts. i have a set of his seat cover. very good product i think. hope he shows up again. ill be needing a bikini top this summer.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
House,
Does he have a shop by you? Is he still there? Maybe if we get enough interest we can help him get going again. Can you find a phone #? I'd be willing to call him and find out some details.

Sounds like an old upholstery guy out by me. He's an old timer that keeps weird hours but does great work (he put new windows in my softtop a while ago and do a great job for a good price). Maybe Upholstererguy just wasn't hip on the Ebay, computer, and shipping thing. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt since his stuff looked like good quality for a good price.

Personally, I think it would be great if we could get setup with a set price and avoid the hassle of Ebay with this guy. Let me know if you find anything out. In the meantime, I'll send him a message via Ebay (thanks for the link, Galen).

ransil

Bronco Guru
He had a web site with his phone number on it, I can't seem to find them.

I did purchase a few thing from him in 2004 off Ebay, I had to call to get my stuff shipped. I thing there were some medical problems going on with him or his wife.

74 bronco

Loc.
calgary, alberta
72_EB said:

get some seat cover from where and send them to me and i can stitch what ever you like in them.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Don't need anything stitched in. Just looking for some replacement original covers at a good price. Thanks for the offer.

74 bronco said:
get some seat cover from where and send them to me and i can stitch what ever you like in them.