• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB's in Alaska

galen1970b

My bronco, should be ready in a week....its sitting on blocks atm in the Auto Hobby shope at the Dorf. By the end of the week, ill have my 4.11s installed with my aux heater and wiring kit..I think that should be able to turn my 35x12.5 bfgmts....does anyone know how well the Moab Aux heater works?..do any of you guys have one?

Nova

Its great to hear that your guys Broncos are almots ready to run.

galen1970b: I have an aux heater in my Bronc. I got it from Danny. I do not know the brand but it works great. I put it in the middle just behind the front seats so the kids would stay warm. I also want to do the conversion to the main heater with the chevy blower motor.

Sundays would work for me, I work on Saturdays. Have Sun, Mon and Tues off. I figured Sundays would work for most of us. It seems most of you guys live in Anchorage. I don't mind driving the old Bronc. Maybe some of you guys can give some ideas on were to meet. We could probrably meet at the parking lot in Eagle River were the old Payless used to be, next to Garcias. Not sure as to were to meet.

Later, Vic

OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Nova said:
What kind of winter tires did you get.

I am running a set of Cooper Weather-Masters. I ran them on my wife's truck for a couple years but they won't fit her new truck so I figured I might as well run em on the Bronc in the winter. They are a 265/75r16 which makes them a little over 31.5" tall and about 10.5" wide. I'm running 4:11's and the factory limited slip. It does OK in 4wheel, but with the half dry roads I hate putting it in gear cause it can be a pain to get back to 2 wheel if i need to.
I loaded up a couple of pics, still getting used to the black wheels but it looks OK for winter. I think the way to go for someone who wanted to drive all winter would be the 1/2 cab. A lot less area heat.

I'll throw in Apple Bee's at the Muldoon Fred Meyer as a possible spot to meet. Splits the drive for me in South Anchorage and the Eagle River Guys. Sunday's after noon work for me, as long as Nascar's not running. My is up and running, don't mind driving it as long as the roads are not glare Ice.

Dave

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_1184.JPG
    Resize of IMG_1184.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Resize of IMG_1188.JPG
    Resize of IMG_1188.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Resize of IMG_1189.JPG
    Resize of IMG_1189.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 25

Nova

alaskabroncos: Are you running a four speed in your Bronc. I have a c4 in mine and with my winter tires on and doing 65 down the highway its doing about 3000 rpm. With the 35s on its around 2600 rpm. Your old Bronc still looks great! ;D

I'm fine with meeting at Apple Bee's on Sunday's afternoon. What do you other guys think? We just need a date for which Sunday and were set.

Later,Vic

galen1970b

what a coincidence...I live like maybe 3 blocks from the fred meyers on muldoon...heres a pic of my ride(a summer pic)...granted its got 35s on instead of the 31s in the pic

Attachments

• sage_dennison1.jpg
    sage_dennison1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Yeah, i have a top loader 4 speed. I am about the same 3000 rpm with the 32's is about 62-63 mph. just first gear is pretty low so taking off on slick roads is a little tricky, the 351w is running about 350 hp and gets most of it around 2500 rpm's so just adds to the excitement on snow and ice.

Thanks for compliments but it actually looks better in pictures then it does up close. It's going on 25 years on the paint so I am getting a few cracks and a little rust showing through.

Dave

galen1970b

HEy, Joker of Deception is making a dvd with CB.com members in it doing little 2 minute intros, I figured since we are all getting together, hopefully one of you guys has a camcorder, so that we can all get on the dvd...just an Idea

66broncomanAK

Loc.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Hey Nova, I did the chevy blower motor upgrade not long ago. WOW! what a difference. I had an aux heater and took it out because I don't need it anymore. In fact if anyone is interested they can take it off my hands for a cold one. It's going to be probably another week before my Bronc is on the road again. (waiting on the machine shop to finish my head) But, Sunday afternoons will work for me too. Should be a great time. I look forward to meeting everyone. I've got quite a bit of junk also so let me know if you need anything. Still hunting for 6 cylinder stuff if anyone up here has any.
Thanks,
Gary

galen1970b

so whats involved with the chevy moter switch...is there a tech written on it? what kind of parts ill need etc?. Plus if any of you guys are curious on a good place to get gears, Six States Distributing in Anchorage is the place to go, I was able to get my 4.11s for my 9 inch, and dana 30 plus carrier and new bearings and seals to go around for like 650 bucks..and they have tons of other stuff in stock as well, (winches etc..)

Nova

alaskabroncos: That sounds about right, is she loud when your cruising down the highway? Wait till you see mine. It's a great 20footer. The seams on the quaters and on the quater and tailhousing are bubbling and showing rust.

My best freind bought a winch from Six States and it was like twenty bucks cheaper and no shipping. Compared to ordering from the catolog. Thats were we get most of our parts now. Thats great to hear that you got your parts fairly inexpensive and that they had them instock. ;D

Im doing the blower swap when I get some $$. Been a little tight lately. :( But that will change. (hopefully) :)

When I was picking up trash this morning and saw a green Bronc in Peters Creek. It was dark but it looked like it had the duff bumpers front and rear. The rear had a cooler carrier and tire carrier. Whose is it? I might have to drive over and knock the door and introduce my self. The wife hates it when I do that. Their was also a Bronc in Eagle River that a guy was selling last year in the summmer and I drove by last night and he still had it! It just sits next to the house. Thought you guys would like to know.

I'm ready to meet whenever you guys are.
Later, Vic. (sorry its so long)

ak68

another AK bronco owner

I am getting a 68 ready to roll sometime next summer. I have a 393stroker and NV3550 combo to replace the 289 and 3 speed. I also got my drive shafts, auburn ls and some new gears from six states. Anchorage Drag Bikes did the stroker build. Do any of you own the almost mint brown rig? I've seen it a couple of times last summer on Boniface. You can search my postings for some pics of my rig.

DozerDoug

Loc.
Fairbanks Alaska
Hello guys, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Doug Congdon up in Fairbanks. I have a 1990 Eddie Bauer Ed that is down in Oregon for sale. I'm currently searching for an eb in decent shape for a fun summer rig. It wouldn't need to be perfect by any means but I haven't done much in the way of body work before . Mechanical problems aren't as much of an issue. Sorry, this post looks more like a wanted post and all I really wanted to do was introduce myself. :)

BroncoBoy69

Loc.
Nome Alaska
Hey guys im really sorry it took so long for me to reply iv been having problems signing in. well im another bronco in alaska but youll prolly never see my bronco other than on this page. i live Up in the shit hole of alsaska NOME. man is it crappy. but i have to live with it for a littel while long. But i thought i would get intouch with you guys down in ancorage because there is some parts i need and it would be awsome to get them close and not have to pay all the shiping. well what im looking for is a complete 9" third meber mine is going out and i cant afford the down time to take it out and fix it and all that so if one you guys have one and would be willing to see it let me know.
well thanks guys for your time mabey this summer youll see my bronco down there rippen up the streets not shure if im going to ship it all the way to seattle or drive it down. hope i hear back form you soon.

nutter3

One more bronco guy here. I live in anchorage. Mine is a white 73 half cab. I've been doing a project a summer on it the last few years. Its tough without a garage or shop to use/store it in. 351, NP 435, centeq wiring harness, disk/power brakes. This seems to be the summer I will actually be able to drive it a little I think. Who knows a good shop to go for emmissions testing? Mine always seems to take a bunch of tries to pass. Dont know if it just needs a tune up or what. I have it registered as a summer driver only right now.
Good to see more bronco people.
Andre

sleddogs

another AK Bronco

Wuz up, I have a 73 Bronco out here in Eagle River. I have been working on it since last summer. I just primered it black till i get ready to do the body work.

Does anybody have any bumpers for sale up here?

Hey NOVA, yeah I did drive it last winter and it wasn't that bad. I have an auxilary heater that I installled in it. I would like to do the chevy heater conversion though, to get more defroster going.

Paine

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Hello AK EBers...

I'm still tooling around topless on sunny weekends here in Wasilla in my baby blue, uncut 74 EB. I met 4x4Alaska last weekend on the Palmer/Wasilla highway. His EB was really sweet. I offered him my uncut bronco, $218.85, and half a grilled cheese sandwich to trade me but he drove off, ha, ha. I hadn't seen a whole lot of other EBs around out here. I do cruise a certain neighborhood in Palmer that had a rough EB for sale but it's gone. The same guys got a tan EB sitting on military axles and huge boggers. Talked to him out on the Butte one day, he was pretty cool. Then around the corner from him is the nicest half cab I've seen. It's midnight blue and all kinds of decked out. There's another white EB that's on the side of someone's house in that block, cut, not bad, but not for sale. Don't ask me where I'm going with this, just rambling. Sugar free red bull should be illegal, it makes me this way. It's like crack, ha, ha. Anyway, myself, Danny and Nova showed up to the Eagle River auto show and we all talked about a AK-EB get togethor but no one ever makes it happen. Not to mention half of us need parts to get rolling. Funny thing is I see way more projects than parts vehicles. I'm half tempted to pawn my uncut for what I've got in it and try and pick one up from Texas and have it shipped up. Well, I'm done rambling for now, anyone up for that meet and greet? I figure we could hit Eagle River as a nice midway point for those of us in the Valley. Let's talk about it guys.

Paine

77broncoguy

Loc.
Grand Rapids, MI
Code:
Hey guys im really sorry it took so long for me to reply iv been having problems signing in. well im another bronco in alaska but youll prolly never see my bronco other than on this page. i live Up in the shit hole of alsaska NOME. man is it crappy. but i have to live with it for a littel while long. But i thought i would get intouch with you guys down in ancorage because there is some parts i need and it would be awsome to get them close and not have to pay all the shiping. well what im looking for is a complete 9" third meber mine is going out and i cant afford the down time to take it out and fix it and all that so if one you guys have one and would be willing to see it let me know.
well thanks guys for your time mabey this summer youll see my bronco down there rippen up the streets not shure if im going to ship it all the way to seattle or drive it down. hope i hear back form you soon.

Just wanted to chime in. I'm moving up to AK in August sometime. Will probably end up in Anchorage, but going to Nome to visit my dad for a while, I'm even considering sending my 77 up there to stay. How's the wheelin' up there in Nome? I usually visit in the winter, the one summer I was there we went out to Counsel, had fun in a buddy's J**p. I'd really like to get a set of Mattracks like the guy with the yota has, then I'd probably move there. Anyway, just ramblin, getting excited to make the move.