• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

efi ? about the vacuum (i think that is my prob)

Thwak

Loc.
Clear Lake, TEXAS
Well my truck acts funny and i figured someone would know. On start up idles pretty high around 1800. I can tap gas pedal and it drops to about 600-700 which is great. when i put it in gear when it first starts like that it dies. fires right back up just looks like crap having to restart. Anyway to make it start with out revving like that and stay running when i put in gear. need it to be smoother. Also sometimes very rarely at a stop light or somehting it will do its rev up thing and stay there even if i am on the gas on to the next light or whatever and it is idling up there very high. I have to turn truck off and back on the "reset" whatever it is so it will idle normal. Hope that describes it and i hope someone knows what i need to change. I did have vacuum boost and changed to hydro. I just put a rubber plug in boost hose. Am I or should i do something different to that vacuum system or what. thanks in advance.

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Sounds like a possible TPS voltage problem. Plugging the vac port for the brake booster is correct. As I have learned, make sure you are using EFI valve covers and if not, you should NOT be using a breather cap (assuming you have the stock PCV system in place. Let us know what you find.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Sound like similar symptom to one I fixed a few months ago, is you NSS wires connected properly??
Vacuum leak is still a possibility, that was the first thing we looked at.

OP
OP
Thwak

Thwak

Loc.
Clear Lake, TEXAS
this is my first bronco and first 5.0. previous owner bought it as a project and he didnt touch it for a few years so doesnt know anything about what was in it when he got it. i am kind of blind here not knowing what is there. yall are talkin chinese. what do i need to check and how or what to replace and where. thanks for the help.

ransil

Bronco Guru
How about greek, chineese did not work :)

Ο ήχος όπως το παρόμοιο σύμπτωμα στο ένα καθόρισα μερικούς μήνες πριν, είναι εσύ NSS συνδεδεμένο καλώδια κατάλληλα ?? η κενή διαρροή είναι ακόμα μια δυνατότητα, η οποία ήταν το πρώτο πράγμα που εξετάσαμε.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
How about greek, chineese did not work :)

Ο ήχος όπως το παρόμοιο σύμπτωμα στο ένα καθόρισα μερικούς μήνες πριν, είναι εσύ NSS συνδεδεμένο καλώδια κατάλληλα ?? η κενή διαρροή είναι ακόμα μια δυνατότητα, η οποία ήταν το πρώτο πράγμα που εξετάσαμε.

I got chineese to work
聲音作為相似的症狀在一I 確定了某些月前面, 它是您NSS 被連接的纜繩適當?? 空的逃命這是仍然可能性, 是第一事我們審查。

Although I usually work with Japanese
1 つのI の同じような徴候として音はある月をの前に、それ接続されたケーブルである適したNSS によってか。定めたか。空の脱出私達が検査した最初の事の可能性のはまだである。

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I suspect your IAC I idle air controller is sticking. Go to fordfuelinjection.com and read the articles about ford EFI. Its got pictures and a good simple explanation. Once you've read that you should be able to speak chinese with the rest of us. If you read the article twice, you will probably know more than 1/2 the EFI experts on here :)
Tom

ransil

Bronco Guru
So my last post was not so helpful, you can take me out of you "dick" folder.

If you are new to EFI you should get familiar with it , it will make a lot of sense after that. EFI is not black magic or difficult to work with and once thing are done correctly it is very reliable and kicks any carbs ass.

This book is a must read.
http://classicbroncos.com/bookreviews/0837603013.php

Ryan has lots of info.

http://fordfuelinjection.com

SBFtech.com :

http://sbftech.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=2b514c03219e545aab3db4ce09c8deb5&board=20.0

4jrfox

Loc.
Houston
Call Ford Motorsport everytime they have helped with a suggestion or a fix for free on there tech line. Call Ford Racing tech line or call sales and be transfured.