• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI conversion and vacuum lines

POPPAWS BRONCO

Loc.
Horn Lake, Ms.
Converting a 77 Bronco with a 302 to FAST EFI 2.0 system. Vacuum ports are cut in half with this kit and with out making it look like a spider web of vacuum lines what can stay and what can go?

Running new EFI 23gallon fuel cell (return style) with intank pump.
New braided #6 fuel lines.
Direct port injection with fuel rails.
New edelbrock manifold
FAST throttle body

Also there are two evaporate ports on new fuel cell do those need to be run somewhere?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you eliminating all the original smog control devices? Or perhaps they're already gone? Things like EGR and several temperature controlled vacuum switches would be spread around the engine, along with a bunch of vacuum lines.
Which ones can be eliminated are pretty much all, but I'd keep the devices in a box in case you ever go to sell the truck. Makes the sale easier if you can sell to someone that lives in an area with smog checks.

That said, the only major ones you need to keep are the PCV valve, the automatic trans modulator (if so equipped) and the power brakes. Everything else is important to how the engine runs, but not necessarily a critical component.

How much has been removed, and how much is left? Are you running the stock air-cleaner assembly still? If so, there should be a vacuum controlled (and temperature regulated) heat stove valve for taking warm air off of the exhaust manifold.

Let us know what's been altered (other than adding EFI of course) and we can give a better answer.

Paul

OP
OP
POPPAWS BRONCO

POPPAWS BRONCO

Loc.
Horn Lake, Ms.
Thanks. Well my grandfather put bolts and screws in lines. The smog stuff was not hooked up. Lines cut and plucked off. Best I could tell the brakes, trans, EGR, temp controls, PVC were there like I said some stuff was not active. It's always had fuel problems. Knowing him and seeing the blocked off things I'm not surprised now. I'm not gonna run the stock air cleaner. Does this help?