• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI fuel tank options

omureebe

I used a stock size plastic replacement tank. I cut a hole in the top and added a Holley Sniper drop in fuel pump with return lines. Only thing I messed up is put it in the front half of the tank and can uncover the pump under very hard acceleration.

I used the Hyperfuel retrofit pump - has AN fittings for supply return and vent. It sits 3/4” on top of the stock tank so that 1” body lift is a must, and after a few hundred miles no problems.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hpf-40015/overview/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blknblu69v

I just picked up a FiTech system used from a good friend who just removed it from a truck he's parting. He had no issues with it.
I'm in the design phase with installing it on my 69 Bronco 302 that currently has poly rear tank (roughly 11 gal) and poly aux tank (roughly 7 gal). If I understand it correctly, you HAVE to run a return line for EFI?
Should I spend the money to get the 23 gal EFI ready tank and do away with the aux tank? Or do I retro fit both tanks with the in tank pumps with return lines and install a 2nd 3-way valve to control the return line to the tank that I'm pulling from? And, I would have to rig up a control switch to turn on the correct fuel tank I'm pulling from.
Thanks for suggestions.

blknblu69v

I just picked up a FiTech system used from a good friend who just removed it from a truck he's parting. He had no issues with it.
I'm in the design phase with installing it on my 69 Bronco 302 that currently has poly rear tank (roughly 11 gal) and poly aux tank (roughly 7 gal). If I understand it correctly, you HAVE to run a return line for EFI?
Should I spend the money to get the 23 gal EFI ready tank and do away with the aux tank? Or do I retro fit both tanks with the in tank pumps with return lines and install a 2nd 3-way valve to control the return line to the tank that I'm pulling from? And, I would have to rig up a control switch to turn on the correct fuel tank I'm pulling from.
Thanks for suggestions.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
If you want to see another way to do this... here ya go:
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607&page=6

This takes you to pg 6 go to post #83 where I modify my NWMP tank for the 4th time. %)

I am showing you this so you could have a local shop easily make you a 23 gal sized tank, you could either do the cheap Exploder p/u mod I did or purchase one since everybody seems to be making EFI pickup mounts to retrofit older non-efi tanks.

For baffles you could either do what Broncobowsher suggested as HydroMat by Holley is amazing stuff but waaaay to spendy for me, so I went with 4 indivdual pickups inside the tank, one in each corner. This means I can run by 460sbf literally if there is a couple of quarts left in the tank...

Posting this as a viable option for you. The sheetmetal isn't expensive at all, have someone weld it up and then you install the pickup assembly- all of them have supply/return line hooks up (usually AN), and have gauge hook ups or you can buy those separate.

Good luck, there's ALWAYS a way... don't pay shipping, have someone fab you up a tank for le$$.

Have fun, go wheeling...

tonytheplumber

Loc.
Lowell, IN
I used an Aeromotive Phantom fuel system in my factory tank. I connected the sender to the steel 3/8" supply and 5/16" return lines via -6 AN line and fittings with an inline filter. Plenty of fuel supply for my setup.