• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI guy harness to painless wire matchup

Postalpal

Contributor
Loc.
Thornton
Hello , hoping to get some help as I’m doing this swap , while I’ve done several bronco engine swaps I’m very new to this many wires and I’ve always used stock wires. Having said that I’m up against it & burning the midnight oil (while the Loveland fire is 6 miles away) to get done by super cell sept 2024

I’m trying to make sense of what wires off the EFI Harness attach to the Painless harness. Garrys is marked well but painless calls some of them different names Can anyone help ? I do have my painless book which lists the wires by name well. Should be a member today so I can upload pics but here are some of Garry’s wires I’m trying to match up
———————
EFI GUY EXPLORER HARNESS
———————————
Tach signal

Ignition hot in run and start. Coil wire in Painless harness.

Oil press gauge

Brake light switch

NSS out

OD off light ground

Reverse light switch input

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can’t help with all of them right off the top of my head, but on a bronco the green with red stripe wire and the red with green stripe wires are hot in run and start.
This includes the ignition coil wire, which is the red with green stripe wire.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Not knowing how you had EFI Guy configure your harness, I am going to say most of those wires you are talking about don't need to be involved with the Painless harness. Most run into the cab and there is minimal crossover. I can't be more definitive unless you can share more...

Doug.

OP
OP
Postalpal

Postalpal

Contributor
Loc.
Thornton
Not knowing how you had EFI Guy configure your harness, I am going to say most of those wires you are talking about don't need to be involved with the Painless harness. Most run into the cab and there is minimal crossover. I can't be more definitive unless you can share more...

Doug.
Definitely will be looking more at this soon Thaxs
Fires are now 5 miles away so it’s hard to work outside. BTW. Anyone have a picture under the hood where others mount this fuse block

Attachments

• IMG_5599.jpeg
    IMG_5599.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 22

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Can’t help with all of them right off the top of my head, but on a bronco the green with red stripe wire and the red with green stripe wires are hot in run and start.
This includes the ignition coil wire, which is the red with green stripe wire.
From memory, I believe most of those get pulled off the starter solenoid? Also, hot in run and start off the back of the ignition switch as well.