• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Harness Pics

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Hi all,

Does anyone have any pics of their engine bay with a EFI swap? Especially if you used the fordfuelinjection.com harness. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
EFI harness

Bob, I can send you a picture of my 5.0 conversion with Ryans Harness when I get home Monday. I actually have some on my laptop but I am on a dialup connection and it would take way to long.

Ben

shifter

Loc.
Agua Dulce, CA
Here is a couple shots of mine although not much of the harness is visible. You can just see the top of the firewall grommet between the trans filter and diff breather filter, and the fuse block on the passenger fenderwell. I did a few things different than ryans instructions. If you have some specific questions about routing or whatever let me know, I just did it about two weeks ago so I might still remember.

Attachments

• efi- ready to rock 003.jpg
    efi- ready to rock 003.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 216
  • efi- ready to rock 002.jpg
    efi- ready to rock 002.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 147
  • efi- ready to rock 004.jpg
    efi- ready to rock 004.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 154
  • efi- ready to rock.jpg
    efi- ready to rock.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 151

nashville77

got anymore picture's. would like to see how you mounted your ignition coil. what radiator did you use?

shifter

Loc.
Agua Dulce, CA
Dont have any photos handy but it is just straight across on the driver fenderwell, you can see the wires. I had to rig up a mount because I did not have a coil mount, its one of those things like the intake tube that I will get around to making right someday....maybe.......if I feel like it! The radiator is just a ron davis, same one that was in there before the efi swap, I am using a 302 style water pump with v-belts.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Here is a picture of what mine currently looks like. ;D Let me know if you have any questions on how I got it to look like this. And yes, you too could have yours look just like mine. ;D ;) ;D

Attachments

• 100_0817.jpg
    100_0817.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 184

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
crawln68 said:
Here is a picture of what mine currently looks like. ;D Let me know if you have any questions on how I got it to look like this. And yes, you too could have yours look just like mine. ;D ;) ;D

Yowza!! :eek: I haven't started my FI conversion yet but your picture sure makes me glad I bought Ryan's harness.

TonyPDX

Contributor
Here is a picture of mine. I had ryan move all the relays and fuses inside to clean up the engine compartmen and protedt them from water...

Tony

Attachments

• Engine intall7.JPG.jpg
    Engine intall7.JPG.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Engine intall8.JPG.jpg
    Engine intall8.JPG.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 130

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
Dont take an picture of an engine full of wires as a reason not to wire your own. In a month long EFI conversion/ engine compartment redo(hydroboost, new engine components) the efi wiring took 1 to 2 days. I used a mustang harness and it runs like a champ.

Broncorm

Loc.
Perkinsville, VT
Here mine. I'm using Ryans Harness and a Ron Davis Radiator.

Attachments

• 7782.jpg
    7782.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 144
  • e51b.jpg
    e51b.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
bob_lafrentz

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Thanks for the pics!!

What is everyones thoughts on running the coil on the passenger side fender with Ryan's harness? Can you think of any reason not to? Thanks.

ponch0v

bob_lafrentz said:
Thanks for the pics!!

What is everyones thoughts on running the coil on the passenger side fender with Ryan's harness? Can you think of any reason not to? Thanks.

Ryan's harness is set up for the driver's side. Not sure if the pig tail is long enough to run over to the other side as he makes them up now. You could have him make it up special.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
Rmain101 said:
Here mine. I'm using Ryans Harness and a Ron Davis Radiator.

%) i think he's using a ron davis radiator

what upper hose did you use? i had to use one of those ss flex style hoses from summit. that looks like a perfect fit

Hallz

Loc.
NorCal
eds66bronco said:
%) i think he's using a ron davis radiator

what upper hose did you use? i had to use one of those ss flex style hoses from summit. that looks like a perfect fit

I am using those with the stock radiator also. 2 36" units that were about $85 each. Either that or you can use a 48" unit for the lower and cut the stock hose and use the scrap peice from the lower hose to join the top hose back together.

TonyPDX,
What SC set up is that, I am looking to go with a roots style on the 5.0. What issues have you had or modificatins did you have to do to get it all under the hood?

Thanks!!

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
TonyPDX said:
Here is a picture of mine. I had ryan move all the relays and fuses inside to clean up the engine compartmen and protedt them from water...

Tony

Nice Kenne Bell you got on there bet you that thing is pretty sick!!!!! My guess as far as putting the blower on there you shouldn't have any troubles than what you would with a 5.0 liter conversion. Those blowers tend to sit pretty low.

Broncorm

Loc.
Perkinsville, VT
I using the Ron Davis 5.0 radiator with stock Mustang upper and lower hoses. I did move the radiator forward about 3/4" by removing the radiator mounts and moving them to the front side of the core support. And with out an EGR I've got it all under a stock hood without a body lift.

TonyPDX

Contributor
TonyPDX,
What SC set up is that, I am looking to go with a roots style on the 5.0. What issues have you had or modificatins did you have to do to get it all under the hood?

Nice Kenne Bell you got on there bet you that thing is pretty sick!!!!! My guess as far as putting the blower on there you shouldn't have any troubles than what you would with a 5.0 liter conversion. Those blowers tend to sit pretty low.

It is a Kenne Bell screw style Supercharger as Honkey84 noticed. It's the truck kit for a 5.8L so it sits on top of the motor where as the 5.0L kit sets it off to one side to lower it down a touch. Since I made my own cutsom intake I was able to move the throttle body and cables to a better spot which actually makes it lower than a stock 5.8L truck intake. Even with that I have a 2" body lift and a Highlander hood for proper clearence.

Check into blowers before you buy one, screws, roots and centirfuagals all have different pros and cons.... Personally, I think the screw style is the best for our application because the are very efficent, offer great low end torque, and don't cause any intake pulsing.

Thanks for the compliments!