• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI plumbing help

rednck21

im using two aftermarket tanks, two carter lp pumps, bcb 6 way valve, bcb accumulator, and F250 hp pump. can anyone point me in the direction of a plumbing diagram for this setup?? ive looked and looked, but cant seem to find anything...

also, will 5/16 line be enough for a 331?? ...or should i go with 3/8?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I'll try to find a pic of mine when I had the 2 pump accumulator setup. I now have a BCB efi tank and run the side tank as a transfer tank. It'll end up looking like spagetti under your rig. I put the pollak valve on the frame rail right by the rear cross member and from there went to the lp pump to the accumulator to the HP pump which was mounted before the transfer case cross member. It worked pretty well, but unfortunately due to high altitude sickness I burned up the lp pump and had problems with vapor locking when crawling above 10,000'. My cure was the EFI tank with a single internal pump. I haven't tested it at altitude yet, but overall my rig runs much better than with the 2 pump system.

I also used 3/8's and 5/16's metal brake line for my fuel line, it worked out pretty well, and I might have $25 in the fuel lines and adapters...

OP
OP
rednck21

rednck21

thanks. this is actually a redo...its already a mess and looks like spagetti;D im adding an accumulator and new hp pump....eveything else is already there. i just want to make sure everything is right and clean it up a bit in the process..

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
On BC's site or right here (PDF).
I think you can wire the bottom left and right poles on the selector switch in that diagram to your seperate low pressure pumps.
LP pumps should be close to the tanks instead of upstream of the switch.
For kicks, heres what I did (JPG).

Attachments

• fuel%20system%20pluming%20with%20water%20mark.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 7
  • efi plumbing 2.jpg
    efi plumbing 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

justinoshea

Contributor
Loc.
Gilbert, AZ
I would do the simplest thing possible. put an 190lph in-tank pump in the main tank, and a small transfer pump in the 2nd tank to pump fuel into the main (or just a single 23g main). the stock fuel level senders could be used as logic to tell the tranfer pump when (and when not) to run.

5/16" lines should be enough for 400 hp or more at 40psi. the stock fuel rails will be the restriction not the supply line size.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Isn't stock 3/8" too? Most setups I'm aware of use 3/8" as the main feed and 5/16" as the return. Not that they're all the same of course, but that's what I see running on rigs of all descriptions.

Paul