• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Prob: Died going down the road

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I was driving home for lunch on Friday and my EB started acting up. There were no warning signals, nor did it act like something was wrong. I was going up a hill and it was like someone reached over & turned the ignition off. I got it pulled over and it started right up without a problem, and it did it again. Actually it cut out 4 times in a 2 mile trip.

The system that I am running is off of an 87 Mercury Grand Marquis, speed density unit. I have checked the fuel pressure on the rails to see if it was the fuel pump not getting pressure, but I am running between 34-36 with just the key on, not the engine on. I thought that the pressure was supposed to be between 24-28?? I have checked all electrical connections, coil connections, batt. etc. and everything is tight & secure. I am, by no means, an EFI guru, but I can't figure this one out. What would cause it to cut out just all of a sudden?

66fora69er

Contributor
Fuel pressure should be close to 40. May have an issue with the fuel pump relay???

ransil

Bronco Guru
Pull codes first..
fuel pressure look Ok for now until you verify your gauge and do further testing.
put a known good distributor in it.. ( TFI & hall sensor)
do a wiggle test of the harness, might be something intermittant