• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Throttle Cable

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I've exhausted my search capabilities on here and youtube, so need a little help.

I'm running a Foxbody EFI and just swapped out the throttle body. I must have dicked up something when reinstalling the throttle cable and the cable snapped at the pedal as soon as I pressed it. I'm got the BC Broncos bracket (passenger side) and just received a new cable. I'm looking for pics/video of how to install the cable from the pedal forward and adjust it property. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO

thanks -- is that a stock Foxbody 58mm TB? also, I assume you are running standard trans since no kickdown cable?

When adjusting cable to fit, I guess you just determine distance of travel to get butterfly into full open position (about 2.75" in my case) then cut the cable at the TB connector? Are you getting full throttle with this bracket & cable?

Last edited:

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I am running the BC EFI linkage and a C4 with the kickdown on 2 broncos for years. The cable is very thin and has popped out of the ends a couple of times while driving. The double set screw is not very strong. I drilled a deeper hold in the center of the gas pedal connector so I could get the cable deeper. I also used a countersink bit on the small hole opening so I could get the wires in with a small shrink wrap tubing over the cable. It can be a nightmare to get all the wires in the small holes.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I am running the BC EFI linkage and a C4 with the kickdown on 2 broncos for years. The cable is very thin and has popped out of the ends a couple of times while driving. The double set screw is not very strong. I drilled a deeper hold in the center of the gas pedal connector so I could get the cable deeper. I also used a countersink bit on the small hole opening so I could get the wires in with a small shrink wrap tubing over the cable. It can be a nightmare to get all the wires in the small holes.

Thanks -- I've got it all installed but can't get full throttle. I honestly think that after several years of never having my Bronco run "right" with this EFI, I'm trashing it and going back to a simple little Holly TA!!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
You may need to move the ball stud further out by drilling another hole. I have full throttle on both setups. There is a tiny bit of final travel left but it will not open the throttle body any further but will prevent me from pulling the cable out.
I can post pictures if it would help. Just let me know.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
You may need to move the ball stud further out by drilling another hole. I have full throttle on both setups. There is a tiny bit of final travel left but it will not open the throttle body any further but will prevent me from pulling the cable out.
I can post pictures if it would help. Just let me know.
The newer BC adapter has another hole that provides more travel (about 3.5") but I had to use the closer one because my pedal only give me about 3" of travel.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is so odd.
But I never checked for WOT as my RPM limiter is at 5200rpm.
Your setup looks exactly as mine.
I will post a pic