• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Elect Fuel Pump HELP

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
I've been running a low pressure elect. fuel pump for a while now (7psi) since I have an H.O. block. My rig is carbd. Well the other day I ran it out of gas. After trying half the weekend I cannot get the pump to prime again. I switched pumps..no luck. I checked the filter...no luck. When I take the hose from the tank to the pump loose, I can get a siphen. Hook it back up ...nothing. Like I said it worked fine before. Anyone have any tips on priming an elect pump?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
This will sound bad, but give it a blow job.
With the pump running, remove the gas cap and blow into it. Either lip smacking hard blow or if you have air available a rag and a blow gun. Pressureize the tank slightly to force fuel up to the pump.

Since you played with it, make sure the pump is connected in the right direction and the wiring is correct. a couple of short hoses and a can of something oil bases less flamable the gas is a suggestion. Also make sure that the hose up to the carb is clear as well.

A pesky problem I don't think you have can be pin holes in the suction side of the pump. this suck in air and the pump never moves fuel right.