• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Elite Bronco's Funcutt 1/2 cab

Elite Broncos

Loc.
San Diego area
Here's our latest build, almost done. This time I'm building a Bronco for me rather than a client. This started as a pile of parts that we were going to widen and stretch to race in NORRA. After winning 2 straight NORRA's in a Jeep we switched to this, but then built a different truck. I never have a heart to bury a Bronco.

This is Elite Bronco's chassis #008, know as the Funcutt Bronco. The reason is the rather unique body style I came up with. Uncut but will clear a 12.5x33x15 BFG Mudder while cycling the suspension. So I chose to cut the bedsides off, get a new set and front fenders from Wild Horses and bow out the bedsides, then have my body guy take a English wheel and roll out the front fenders to clear the long travel James Duff radius arms and the all new Bilstein 9200 2.7" triple by-pass shocks. This just got this running last week 12 hours before loading to go to the Off Road Expo in Pomona Ca. to be in the RuffStuff Specialties booth to showcase their new Bronco specific extra beefy Ford 9" rear end housing. We use their product a lot at our shop. This Bronco build also has their limit straps, driveshaft loop, pinion guard and heim steering. Right now I'm working on some changes for their aluminum jack mount.

Here's a quick pic of it at the Expo, not sure if you all want more pictures? You can always see pictures on Facebook at Elite Broncos or on Racedezert.com in the show and tell forum section. Go to Forum, then Shop, the show and tell, then Elite Bronco's half cab build. Also you can view some of our other builds.

OP
OP
Elite Broncos

Elite Broncos

Loc.
San Diego area
RuffStuff Specialties rear end housing. This is a new product, a drop in housing that fits directly onto the early 66-77 Bronco. This thing fits like a glove and is beefy enough for everything you can throw at it.

OP
OP
Elite Broncos

Elite Broncos

Loc.
San Diego area
Inland Empire Drive shafts, Bilstein triple 9200 by-pass shocks, Russell hoses and AN fittings, Heatshield Products heat resistant hose covering, Wild Horses EFI Sherman fuel tank, Deaver Springs, RuffStuff Specialties limit straps, driveshaft loop, tabs, ubolts and plates.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I'll be looking for it at Bronco Daze, see you then John! I look like this.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 108

BanditBronco

Inland Empire Drive shafts, Bilstein triple 9200 by-pass shocks, Russell hoses and AN fittings, Heatshield Products heat resistant hose covering, Wild Horses EFI Sherman fuel tank, Deaver Springs, RuffStuff Specialties limit straps, driveshaft loop, tabs, ubolts and plates.

I dig the upper shock mount crossmember anti wrap configuration!