• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Emergency Flasher

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Was there an emergency flasher after 1973 in Broncos? I don’t see in WH or TBP or NECF the hazard switches being listed past 1973. So, if I have a ‘74 Bronco with a new painless harness that is Bronco specific, and I want a emergency flasher...what’s the options?

1. Buy a new 1973 switch, bezel, nut, Knob(?), I’m assuming the knob for a wiper would work on the hazard switch.
2. Buy a rocker switch with lit triangle? Will it work with harness?

From a safety standpoint, opt 2. makes sense since most people (younger generations) are used to the triangle emergency rocker switch. Option one seems like more purist, but what was originally there? I have nothing left in my old dash, it’s just a bunch of old ripped up holes with the heater / fan notations.

What do you think?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
It’s part of the turn signal switch starting in 74. Tom’s has the switches for automatic or manual, and wiring instructions.

https://tomsbroncoparts.s3.amazonaw...+Instructions+-+Turn+Signal+Switch+Wiring.pdf

From Tom’s site:
“New Turn Signal Switch for 74-77 Early Ford Broncos or 73-77 Ford Trucks with Automatic Transmissions. Classic Broncos that use this switch should have a hazard switch sticking out the side of the steering column.”

Last edited:
OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Well that is going to work just fine with the idit column I have, it is already set up for that. Thx for the reply

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk