• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine Degreaser ?

77Mule

Loc.
St. Louis, MO
Whats the best method to get the nasty caked on grease off engine, valve covers, and undercarrage. WE use Naptha Mineral spirits at work and it disolves grease pretty well. Any great ideas. That crap in a can from the auto store won't cut my engine.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
steam, spray with some mean green, or something like that and let it soak for a few then steam it.

G

Marine Clean from POR-15 will definately take it off.....don't mix it too strong though.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
8) 8) 8) There is a degreaser called LIX works real good good luck. :p :p :p Bill 8) ::) :p

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I bought every product under the sun, The best degreeser i have found is sold at walmart.
Comes in a black can, with a small blue label saying "engine degreeser"
This stuff is sooooooooooo good, i have used it on everything, it just works, the best part is it was on sale for 49 cents a can here (i bought 30 cans, if that tells use how much i use it, on mine and Customers cars)