• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine fire in 1969 bronco

67RT

Bronco Guru
Every company is different. I went thru this. Collected parts, etc. finally just let them do it and headaches went away. Good luck and sorry about your truck. I know it is painful and a big bummer..

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
At what point does an insurance company total a vehicle? Is there a certain percentage?
I own an insurance agency in CA. Our policy is around 75% of the value +/-. The classic/specialty program has some room up or down. Know if they do total it, you will have a salvaged title. 13.5k if you say it's a stated value at 18k. That's pretty common across the industry.

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
Grizzlymn,
This kinda going back to your posts early in thread. Not sure if you know it or not there is a guy over in Elliston who specializes in Broncos. He might be able to give you some ideas since he specializes in our ebs. He has a website and the name of his place is Big Sky Broncos. I really want to call him sometime and take a look at his operation he as built some beautiful rigs. Not sure this helps any but I thought maybe it might give you some other options or ideas.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
If insurance is involved just let them do their job, and cut a check big enough for a quality shop to do the Job. Don't sweat 1k up or down unless it is coming out of your pocket. And don't do it yourself unless the truck will be put away for the winter anyway. Most companies will not cut you a check based on a quote anyway. Just take it to a shop that will get it done quickly. That is why we have insurance, to not worry about these things. If they are doing their job properly, that is how they will take care of you. Go to an A rated BBB shop and let it go. My two cents..

The last two accidents I have been involved in, the Insurance Co. wrote me a check, not the shop that was fixing it. I then had to pay the shop. Again, last two accidents, last one was about 8 months ago, I was rear ended in my kids Monte Carlo (no accounting for taste, he took after his mother in cars, bah). I then negotiated with the shop.

67RT

Bronco Guru
The last two accidents I have been involved in, the Insurance Co. wrote me a check, not the shop that was fixing it. I then had to pay the shop. Again, last two accidents, last one was about 8 months ago, I was rear ended in my kids Monte Carlo (no accounting for taste, he took after his mother in cars, bah). I then negotiated with the shop.
Wow, that is nice.. Maybe because your company wasn't paying..my company was paying out a hit and run so maybe they were suspicious..