• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine shop recommendations in Texas

kbooth5

Contributor
Loc.
Texas
Anybody got a good recommendation on a shop for a mild build on my original 302? I’m out in West Texas, so the DFW area would be the shortest drive.

Seen a lot of varying opinions online, but hoping somebody here with personal experience could give a recommendation

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lee Atkinson builds old Pontiacs and Ford engine.
He is a gifted cam designer.
Look him up on facebook, Lee Atkinson, he is well known in Pontiac Firebird circles.
https://www.facebook.com/DynoTune
Straight up gentleman and honest as they come.
Tell him Don Vieira from Stockton recommended him.
He designed Pontic 400 cam and Ford FE cam for me. The guy is good to go.

OP
OP
kbooth5

kbooth5

Contributor
Loc.
Texas
Thanks for the help guys! I’ll give all these fellas a call.

Spoke with Republic Custom Engine today and they were great. Very knowledgeable!

bigjhoov

nobody
Thanks for the help guys! I’ll give all these fellas a call.

Spoke with Republic Custom Engine today and they were great. Very knowledgeable!
He only builds old engines, he's in pretty big with the Hot Rod crowd.

Tell him Big Jerry sent you if you talk to him again!

OP
OP
kbooth5

kbooth5

Contributor
Loc.
Texas
Lee Atkinson builds old Pontiacs and Ford engine.
He is a gifted cam designer.
Look him up on facebook, Lee Atkinson, he is well known in Pontiac Firebird circles.
https://www.facebook.com/DynoTune
Straight up gentleman and honest as they come.
Tell him Don Vieira from Stockton recommended him.
He designed Pontic 400 cam and Ford FE cam for me. The guy is good to go.
Thanks for the contact! Where is he located?

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I gave Lee a heads up yesterday and I apologize, he is in Houston area. About 250 miles from DFW.
He still is a great engine builder/cam designer though. You may want to at least have him design you a hyd. roller cam.
He has been tied to Comp Cams for decades.

joebronco73

Contributor
Loc.
Lago Vista, TX
Jumping onto this thread: anyone know of a reliable shop in the Austin area? Doesn't have to be Bronco-related (I've spoken with Badass and Hilltop), but someone that knows their way around a 302...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
i'm going to say take it too PETE RIOLA ,, Automotive Machine Shop ... He's been in business since about 1975.. He's in Stephenville 76401 ...254-968-2587..His side is complete machine shop & His son also has a Drive line shop next door.. they can do 15 ft long drive shafts. huge stuff. Back on Pete's side. he has a tractor pulling tractor .. & Has built many thousand big motors along with All kinds of old Classic tractor motors .. I'm going to say If it goes Vroom he can build it.. Great Guys .. he may be behind in his rebuilds because of how many he does. But he honest.. Again tell him ,Jay Pittman / Pa Pitt sent you...
Good Luck.
& What part of Texas are you in.