• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Expected rates for transporting bronco -TN to KS

turtle

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Shipping my 72 EB back home to live with my dad for a year or so. I'm moving to DC and can't take it with me and won't get rid of it.

Anyone priced transports lately. Bids are all over the place from $400(scam) to about$900. Have looked at older posts and contacted a few recommended transporters as well as uship.com. Just curious as to any comparible going rates. At 10mpg + one-way flight back, driving myself wont likely save much; not to mention wasting two days time.

Truck will go from Knoxville to Wichita (900-ish miles). Thanks,

Last edited:

Ratch

Contributor
A friend of mine had his 'cuda shipped from northwest Iowa to nashville enclosed and insured for about 1200.

siderbox

Bronco Guru
I've used uship.com for a few quads that I got off ebay. Haven't shipped a full size vehicle.
But the people I used the last time where from around KCMO, BandJTransport. They're super nice people. Did a great job.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
I could track down the info, but I know he only transports between Houston and Phoenix.

There are several coachbuilders in Kansas. (Eldorado Bus comes to mind) I would contact them and ask who their carriers are. Then contact the carriers and see if and when they are delivering to the Tennesee area. These types of carriers may be deadheading on the route back and may cut you a deal on the return trip.

I allowed them to set up the pick up schedual, it took about 3 weeks to pick it up, and four days to get to Phoenix.

I know it sounds like a bunch of work, but it is what I did and it saved me over $500
Good luck

OP
OP
turtle

turtle

Loc.
Louisville, KY
There are several coachbuilders in Kansas. (Eldorado Bus comes to mind) I would contact them and ask who their carriers are. Then contact the carriers and see if and when they are delivering to the Tennesee area. These types of carriers may be deadheading on the route back and may cut you a deal on the return trip.

Great idea! I'll give em a call tomorrow. Its worth a shot. Thanks for the feedback.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I shipped one from TN to VA a couple of months ago. Was $450. Figure on about 60 cents per mile + broker fee(usually $100). Should get you pretty close. I used Mercury Auto Transport as a broker and the Transport company was FHT Auto Transport. Both were good and easy to work with. You may try contacting FHT direct and skip the broker fee. That's what I will do next time.