• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer 5.0 engine harness question

kurtboyd

Contributor
Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Getting ready to start wiring up my '97 Explorer 5.0. I am running the 4r70w transmission, which is already married up to the rebuilt engine, and my D20 using an adaptor from AA. I'm using the transmission controller from Baumann Controls.

For those that have done this swap, did you use the stock explorer wiring harness or did you go with an aftermarket harness?

What body harness did you go with?

Thanks!

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Trim out the factory harness and have efiguy flash the explorer pcm. That way you can sell the baumann to someone who really needs it.

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Trim out the factory harness and have efiguy flash the explorer pcm. That way you can sell the baumann to someone who really needs it.

X2 ;D

If you want to keep the Baumann for the tuning ability that can be done as well, it just isn't required with the Explorer EFI.

OP
OP
kurtboyd

kurtboyd

Contributor
Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Yep, definitely like the tuning aspect of the Baumann set up.

How much time is involved in stripping a stock Explorer harness ( like, for a person that isn't an automotive electrician)?

Can I run a stock Explorer ECU or do I have to get an A9L or A9P?

What body harness did you all use?

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
I haven't done a tech article yet, but I may do one in the future. However, if you'd like the wiring diagrams just PM me with your e-mail address.