• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

explorer 5.0 headers gtp heads

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
i just tore the front end off my explode and found out that i have the gtp heads
i have the gt heads on my other bronco and used normal headers
i keep seeing that the normal headers will not work with the p heads does anyone know if i can get long tube headers for the p heads or will i have to go with shorty headers from bronco hut. (i love them) just dont like shorty headers
thanks any input would be great other than run the factory manifold beacuse that is not going to happen on this one

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Ford racing mustang shorties......yea they dump on the pass frame if ya muffler shop cant make that bend perfectly find another shop...I ran em for 3 years then got AFR heads

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someone on here is running these and just hit the area by 2 spark plugs with a big hammer to make a 1/4" dent and he said it was fine. I just got some the other day to install on a 99 Explorer motor in a 76 bronco. I am going to heat the area with a torch till its red and softly bend the area by the plugs. Or you could get BCBroncos headers for around 5-600 that work with P heads I believe.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-89410

OP
OP
sean lalley

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
that is the set that i normaly run i was just wondering what the big deal was with the spark plugs
i dont realy know why but i am not a big fan or short headers just like that long tubes

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cant imagine it being bad to massage metal on 2 spark plug holes, there is just a lot of people that don't know how to make things work without returning the item or starting a thread on here complaining about what hard work they had to do and wanting some sympathy from other like minded people. Just my 2 cents. I have made some crazy things work from junk yards never posted a thread about the amazing things I did, LOL, Just my 2 cents.

Denting a pipe cant be as bad as these $50 craigslist headers I modified.

Attachments

• headers modify.JPG
    headers modify.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 82
  • header modify.JPG
    header modify.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
sean lalley

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
i am all about putting a little work into something to save some cash i think i will order the normal ones and make them work
thanks
any pics that would help would be great

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have an extra set of P heads I am going to bolt the headers to and do the massaging on. I will post a picture maybe next week.