• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Doner Vehicle

RustyNutz

Loc.
Coos Bay
Well I finally found a good doner, 1998 Explorer complete vehicle with 120K on it for $500 with clear title. Other than the obvious items like engine, tranny, harness, seats and rear disks and the brand new 2" Chrome trailer ball, is there anything else that works good or is worth hanging on to before I part/scrap the rest?

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
That's what I kept. Looks just like the one I dragged home for $500!
I got some of the stuff sold off on craigslist, got my money back on interior trim, seats, rear lights, etc. Could have made more selling body parts but I needed the carcass gone. I did cut out the power moon roof to put into a bronco top (should work well) but haven't gotten around to that project.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Depending on which radio it has it is worth a few bucks and you may even be able to sell the speakers with the factory base box in the back.

snipi

Loc.
Mesa
my dad just took all of the stainless fuel lines out and slowly bent them to fit a bronco they just did this swap on and was able to use all the explorer factory connections it turned out pretty sweet. depending on what fuel tank you have take the fuel pump they came up with a cool trick with that also and if you have the wrong tank you can sell it they go for around a 100 bucks at the junkyards around here. if it has power side mirrows that work i would take those and all of the lights also. oh and that nice roof rack it has might be worth something to. part it out into a bunch of craigslist items

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Explorers have a cool mount for the ECU. I'd grab that.

I used mine, was kind of a pain to get out, but I think it was worth it. It has a heat sinc behind the dash and the plastic "bucket" is glued in..

Attachments

• DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00163.JPG
    DSC00163.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 55