• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer efi and vss

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm having issues with my 4r70w downshifting when I let off throttle. Even if I'm cruising at constant speed. So I figured the PCM is having trouble with what the transmission should be doing. I bought a vss from an 80's bronco but I'm not sure if it's the 5v that the computer reads. The explorers vss is on the rear end and sends signal to the abs module where it's converted and sent to the PCM. If I CAN plug this vss directly to the PCM, one wire goes to pin 58 I believe, but what is the other wire?

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I should also add that I'm getting p0500 for vss malfunction and whatnot...

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I am not an expert...

The 4R70w has a VSS like device in the side of the case, but it is not called a VSS.
If you are using a VSS in the D20, you may be sending the wrong signal.

Maybe tell us what year 4R70W you have, is there a 5.0 explorer in front of it, if not what is controlling it?