• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer EFI in-tank fuel pump sending unit assembly

01JLH

Guys,
Does anyone know if the sending unit on the explorer in tank assembly will work with the stock fuel gauge on our bronco's.
I have an old northwest 23 gallon tank that a previous owner buggered up at the sending unit putting in a sending unit from something else that had return lines on it. This did not have a pump on it so the size of the hole remained the same but there are extra screw holes that should become a non issue if the hole has to be inlarged.

OP
OP

01JLH

Anything i can do to convert it? Maybe install a different gauge in the instrument cluster?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Anything i can do to convert it? Maybe install a different gauge in the instrument cluster?

Yes. Changing the gauge is a possibility...

There was another thread where this was discussed... I do not have time to look for it this morning... Maybe later today?

OP
OP

01JLH

Thank you, i had done a search and did not see this post. Probably didn't use the right keywords.

agboy91

Loc.
Bishop, GA
I used the explorer sending unit and converted the gauge to work on the ohms range of the sending unit. I used ppt to make the gauge face and printed it on picture paper then laminated it. here are a few pictures and the part number of the gauge I started with. I meant to write a thread on this but haven't gotten around to it. not perfect but it works. here is the gauge I started with. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Meter-...ash=item2cb147f7ec:g:cxkAAOSwZQRYeaFY&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg