• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer front dress timing pointer?

PDQ

Contributor
For those running the Explorer front dress on a 302 what are you using as a timing pointer? Did you just make one as shown in the tech article on this site or does anyone know if there an aftermarket one that isn't a high dollar billet version?

Thanks

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Did you use the Explorer timing cover and balancer? If yes, then just use the Explorer pulse trigger/pointer. Every Explorer or Mountaineer that I have seen has them.

OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
Yes sir I did...got it all from you actually! I can use that trigger pointer but just looking to see if there was one out there that was just a steel pointer with out obviously missing the trigger mechanism. It's a super minor point I know...but it's a brand new motor so just trying to check all my options while I have it out.

There are some really nice billet versions out there but I just cant get to their prices for what they are.

Thank you for the complete set up!